Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford Fusion:

Nov 142019

Fusion

Throttle body stays opend causing wrench to pop up on dash and car to no longer accelerate while in traffic. This is very dangerous.. also the throttle body actuator is faulty. I've had multiple people say they have this exact issue with the Fusion.. not to mention the tension pulley makes the car while in many Ford Fusion cars...

- Kenner, LA, USA

Aug 132020

Fusion

My vehicle has been stalling while I am either driving on a highway, turning or stopped at a light. This is extremely dangerous while driving on the highways in NJ.

- Manalapan, NJ, USA

Mar 232020

Fusion

My 2012 Ford Fusion is revving high and shifting weird. Not like slipping but it's revving a lot if her then it should be. Also the tachometer shudders every now and then at 1600 RPM. My father told me there's a lot of problems with the Ford Fusion transmissions and I don¿T feel safe with my wife and kids driving it.

- Buna, TX, USA

Jan 232020

Fusion

I brought this unit at an auction, but the wheel continues to look on me.... now several lights are on including check engine.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Jan 032020

Fusion

The inside drivers door handle breaks and makes it impossible to exit the car without rolling down the window and using the outside door handle. This is very dangerous and makes exiting the car in an emergency difficult and could lead to injury. This appears to be fairly common with the Ford Fusion.

- Chantilly, VA, USA

Sep 072019

Fusion

I stopped to get gas, put my car in park, and shut the car off. It started rolling forward as I was trying to get out. I leaped back in and hit the brake and put the emergency brake on. After that, the car wouldn't start because it was registering that the car was in reverse even though the gear shift was in park. I went into the gear shift area by pulling off the center console and manually put it in neutral so I could start the car and drove it to the Ford dealership for them to look at it. I did some research and saw that similar issues were found in 2013 and newer Ford Fusion and they were recalled. I'm thinking the 2012 year Ford Fusion should be included in this recall.

- Hills, IA, USA

Aug 252019

Fusion

Unable to open drivers side door from inside - drivers side electric door locks and inside handle will not open door. Must put window down and reach out side to open door

- Blacklick, OH, USA

Aug 012019

Fusion

The interior door handle can can break internally when exposed to high temperatures such as a hot summer day on a regular basis. The plastic used off-gases and loses structural integrity over time unfil failure occurs potentially trapping a person who is unable to reach the exterior handle in the vehicle. According to my research this is a pattern of happenings with the 2012 Ford Fusion due to a change by Ford in door handle construction. Repairs are often ineffective as it is replaced with a similar part that fails in the same manner.

- Beaverton, OR, USA

Aug 022019

Fusion

Driving down I35 at 75 mph advance trace came on and lost steering as it took it to the nearest dealer and said rackandpinion need replaced to get system to talk no steering on vechel I see recall on this but dealer says it is not and I must file a complaint on Ford I order to get it fixed with out paying 2600 for repair

- Eustace, TX, USA

Jul 062019

Fusion

Door latch - driver's door interior handle - failed. Symptoms appear to be the same failure mode reported on numerous Ford models and years. The handle does not control the door. The lock mechanism does not function.

- Schuylkill Haven, PA, USA

Jun 032019

Fusion

I had a leak under the front of the car, staining my driveway. Even after having the ptu replaced, I still had a leak. I only realized it was leaking when I had to park in a different location in my driveway. I brought it to another garage. Found out that the transmission tube were rusted, thus leaking transmission fluid. The garage replaced the transmission tubes, and replaced all the fluid.

- Nashua, NH, USA

Apr 152019

Fusion

Takata recall - Ford dealership has failed to fix this cars airbag. I've made numerous appts that have either been cancelled or forgotten by the dealership due to unavailable parts, or human error. Ive been told the parts were on order, the parts were unavailable, there were far too many recalls and the dealership couldnt mert the demand, and also completely forgotten altogether! dealership was supposed to call us to fix this after failed appointments and never followed through. My car was just updated with a $300 value loss because of it. This car is completely paid off.

- Onalaska, WI, USA

Mar 202019

Fusion

When I was decelerating the car would vibrate. Only happened in town, not on highway. I was told I had to replace the driveshaft and left spring, which was broken!

- Nashua, NH, USA

Jan 162019

Fusion

When moving, a strong blow and vibration occurs in the car as a result of changing the changes in the lime

- Riyadh, WV, USA

Mar 062019

Fusion

The driver inside door handle will not open door. I see there have been recalls for models before and after 2012 for this problem. I am 70 yrs old and cannot repair this myselflf not have funds to have repair. Is there a recall for this model and problem

- Plano, TX, USA

Feb 192019

Fusion

Takata recall tranmission sometimes does not shift correctly

- Talcott, WV, USA

Jun 062018

Fusion

Takata recall incident where on multiple occasions vehicle was jumping out of gear, one specific incident where two passengers where in vehicle and vehicle jumped into department of vehicle building while car was in parked gear and police report was made due to no one physically in drivers seat.

- Enfield, CT, USA

Oct 182017

Fusion

There is a grinding/pooping noise from front of vehicle when turning. The recall 15S18 was reprogrammed along recall 16B38 but the noise has continued and has gotten worse. When driving slow and turning to the left and right in a parking lot it is very noticeable the dealership stated the noise was coming from the steering rack.

- Odem, TX, USA

Nov 052018

Fusion

When trying to open the drivers side door from the inside on my Fusion, the door handle let loose and I could no longer get out of the car. The door handle is apparently broken. I bought the car used and it worked perfectly until last evening. Apparently door handles on different years of Fusion have done the same and Ford replaced them. All of the cars are the exact same interior as mine appears to be on the videos in which this breakage occurred. I had just pulled into the parking lot and had to have my boyfriend open my door to let me out of the car

- Port Allegany, PA, USA

Aug 012018

Fusion

Sbs break system. Repairs from dealer is not fixing the problem. The car sometimes speeds up, when using breaks.

- Cleveland, OH, USA