9.5

$5,000

Most common solutions:

2. replace with long block engine (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford Fusion:

Aug 082016

Fusion SE

I was over 2 hours away from home when my Fusion started vibrating violently on the freeway and the engine light came on. It was pretty scary. Long story short the dealer told me I needed a new engine. Really annoying / frustrating when I had purchased the vehicle brand new in 2015 and purchased the 100k maintenance package. I was really good at maintaining the vehicle using only dealer maintenance. Unfortunately I did not purchase the extended warranty, so when the engine blew at 86k I was pretty much out of luck. After complaining FORD paid a portion of the long block engine but that just wasn't enough. I am stuck with a vehicle that is worthless. It doesn't ride smooth (like it did when I first purchased it).

- riverigo, Yucca Valley, US

May 312016

Fusion

I was driving my 2015 Ford Fusion Titanium down the road when all of a sudden the instrument panel went out, followed by the radio, followed by the A/C and the engine and a driver alert popped up saying "Transmission not in park". Well, no it wasn't in park because I was driving!! I was able to put the car in park safely (this time) and restart the car with no issue. The car has been taken to the Ford dealership where it was purchased twice now. They have tried to duplicate the issue and have not been successful in doing so. They have told me to drive it until it does it again. I'm sorry I do not feel comfortable doing this. You see, I commute daily to and from work that is approximately 85 miles round trip. Most of which is in heavy traffic. I do not feel I should have to be a statistic for Ford Motor Company in order for something to be done. I don't care if you have to take my car back and take it out of commission to use in your test facility to be proactive in saving lives! Too many have died waiting for the airbag recall. I refuse to put my life, my unborn child's life, or the lives or innocent people lives' in danger simply because you can't duplicate the issue or find a problem. Be a mechanic, not a code reader!! I have had two separate independent dealerships tell me it sounds like the throttle body but the dealership that has the car refused to change it because it that wasn't the problem, then Ford wouldn't reimburse them for it. So that tells me their reimbursement is more important than MY safety and the safety of others. I'm ready to hire an attorney if Ford isn't going to step up and do something about this issue. I'm not just waiting for a light to come on here. You are asking me to play Russian roulette with my car and others. HOW IS THAT EVEN A POSSIBILITY???? As I was sitting in the dealership waiting for the rental car, I noticed a sign that statement "Peace of Mind" when driving a Ford. I call BS.

- hblackwell, Four Oaks, NC, US

Oct 012016

Fusion ES 2.0L

No recalls to be found, saw one other person with same issue so I added this.

- Jeff H., Redding, CA, US

Apr 222016

Fusion SE

This is my 5th or more time reporting this issue to FORD Customer Care...when I bought this car there was nothing wrong with it, couple of months pass by and I noticed that my car completely stalls/shuts off unexpectedly throughout the months while a message pops up on the dashboard saying "Transmission Not In Park". So I stop the car and shut the car off then turn it back on, than the message disappears and the car is back into it's normal self for about a month, than it does the same exact thing. So the second time I notice this occurrence and that time I take it to the dealership so they could have a look at it, they do, and say "We can't find anything wrong". The third time this happened I call Customer Service and explain to them what's happening with the vehicle and they tell me to take it back to the dealership so they can have a look at it. I do the same process all over again and they say, "We can't find anything wrong". The most recent occurrence was today and I call Customer Service and they still TELL ME the same thing take it to the dealership to have it diagnosed, I refused. BUT the worst part about it was that I drive for Uber and had a passenger with me in the car the same time that it had happened. I almost crashed into another car in front of me because the breaks were locked and I trouble stopping car until the engine completely died out, so I went into the other lane to make sure I don't hit anything and a pedestrian crossing the street at the same time my car was approaching luckily nobody was hurt and I was able to restart the car. So I don't know what else to do with this occurrence every month.

- Igor V., Fairview, NJ, US