Most common solutions:

1. get rid of food based wiring (1 reports)
  2. replaced wiring harness (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Ford Fusion:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.

Jul 312020

Fusion SE 1.5L Turbocharged

click to see larger images

soybased wire covering soybased wire covering soybased wire covering soybased wire covering

I bought a new car to not have to worry about repairs, I am actually leasing it and everything was supposed to be covered for 3 years. My fog light supposedly burned out in July and it was replaced with no charge, supposedly there were signs of something eating on wires, nothing was said. Then, my outside sensor was not working and my engine light came on and again nothing was said about my wires.

I took it in again after my engine light came on and outside sensor was not working and my air conditioner was not working very well. This is when I was told that something was eating on my wires. Dealership repaired at no charge, but I was told that if it happened again, I'd have to pay. So I went home and started doing research and talking to people. Most new cars are made with soy based materials that attract mice because it is a food grade material to be eco-friendly. I found tons of lawsuits for every vehicle except for Ford. I bought mothballs and ammonia after researching how to keep mice away.

Recently I had my car into Ford again cause my engine light came on and my outside sensor was not working. When I finally got it in, it cost me $313 because Mice went to town on my wires. I reached out to Ford.com and District manager for customer service and was told that there is not a program to help with this and there has been nothing to prove this. I have found thousands upon thousands of complaints for Ford, but no lawsuits and no recalls.

On the page that I found the thousands of complaints, the vehicles are listed by make and model and year on fordproblems.com. I want to file a BBB report and get a lawyer to file a class action lawsuit against Ford to get them to recall their vehicles with wire covering that does not attract mice or other rodents. I went online and ordered some rodent repellant spray, got some decon and some mice pellets to kill them and keep them from eating my car. I cannot afford to keep taking my car to the shop and cannot afford to pay for anymore repairs, as it is I put last bill on a credit card.

- Crystal W., Connell, WA, United States

Dec 052020

Fusion SE 1.5L Turbocharged

click to see larger images

This is the 5th time this has happened. The first couple of times Ford did not report it to me - they replaced my fog light and my outside temperature sensor. The 3rd time Dealership paid for it, the rodents ate the wires by my temperature sensor. The fourth time I reported it here because I had to pay $313 to get my wires fixed, engine light came on and my temperature sensor said 50 degrees, not accurate.

I bought the exterminator spray that I found on one of these websites about ford's soy-based wire covers, peppermint spray, bought a bigger bottle when I used it. Came home last night sprayed my wheels wells, around my vehicle underneath all the way around, sprayed my wires underneath my hood.

Went for a drive late this morning, about 11:00am. Temperature outside on car dash said 50 degrees, checked my weather channel app, temperature said 25 degrees outside. I knew they had been eating on my car. Engine light came on after driving several miles today. Decided to check my fog lights when I got home tonight and they are not working, neither one. I cannot afford to pay for more repairs.

Update from May 30, 2021: Cars fixed, cost me $930 for wiring harness.

- Crystal W., Connell, WA, United States