9.0

$1,330

Most common solutions:

2. was fixed 11/18/2019 (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Taurus:

Nov 152019

Taurus SE 2.0L

With this complaint the rack and pinion is an electrical part. Ford has a recall for previous models stop at 2013. This seems to be an underlinining problem that has occured twice before with the 2014 model but still no recall has been put in place to correct this issue with future models beyond 2013. Ford needs to take responsiblity for this issue and get it corrected instead of keeping the consumers paying for their mistakes.

- Kirstin Kiki G., Youngstown, OH, US

Apr 302021

Taurus SE 2.0L

Once again my rack and pinion went out. I went to have a recall performed for the handshaft on my Ford. I took my car home and lose steering ability. I take it back to the dealership and have to get pay for a rental car to get home. The next morning, I receive a call that my rack and pinion was the problem at a cost of $2,948.47.

This was unacceptable due to just having this part fixed on 11/18/19. And the cost was less than what the dealership is charging. FORD, how many times is the rack and pinion going to need to be repaired!!!! Take some responsibility already!!! Just f'ing ridiculous to be going through this again because of an electrical part!!!

- Kirstin Kiki G., Youngstown, OH, US