2.3

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 GMC Acadia:

Mar 142020

Acadia

The contact owns a 2011 GMC Acadia. The contact stated while driving at various speeds, the check engine warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where the coolant sensor was replaced however, the failure recurred. The vehicle was diagnosed by two additional unknown mechanics but not repaired. Neither the dealer nor the manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 145,000.

- New Bedford, MA, USA

Sep 052019

Acadia

The contact owns a 2011 GMC Acadia. While driving approximately 5 mph, the vehicle stalled and all the gauges on the instrument panel went to zero and the warning indicators illuminated. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic who located eighteen different error codes. The vehicle was towed to moore Buick GMC (2445 N marine blvd, jacksonville, nc 28546), but they were not able to diagnose the failure. The contact stated that fuses blew out every time the key was turned in the ignition switch. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired and was still at the dealer. The approximate failure mileage was 166,000.

- Pickens, NC, USA

May 012019

Acadia

Ignition when shut off engine remains running.to get engine to shut off ignition fuse and relay have to be removed. Been ongoing issue for months. GMC dealership can¿T identify what is causing

- Rembert, SC, USA

May 122019

Acadia

2011 Acadia denali, has hid headlights for night time driving, and traditional incandescent lights for daytime running lights (drl). I noticed the driver's side drl bulb was burned out approximately a week ago (so ~5/12/2019), when I when to remove it to see what size bulb was needed part of the projector housing broke off with the bulb. I then noticed that the bulb socket was partially melted, and the dust seal around the bulb is also partially melted (brown and starting to melt). I also looked at the passengers side and, without removing the bulb, you can see that the projector housing on that side is also starting to bubble/melt. The drivers side bulb is melted enough that I cannot remove the entire bulb from the socket, only the glass wants to pull free. I feel lucky it didn't start a fire.

- Monticello, MN, USA

Mar 152019

Acadia

While driving 70 mph, I was just about to pass a semi when the engine quit, as if I turned off the key, no power steering...nothing. I notice the "traction control" light come on for a second. I pulled to the side of the road. I attempted to restart and the "check engine" light would just flash yet the engine was not turning over. The vehicle was towed to GMC dealer and preliminary reports (incomplete) was it was computer/electrical related. I also noticed the rear lift gate would not open (although this has happened once before two years ago and GMC dealer found "fretting at the lgcm terminals." Possibility related, my wife told me only the passenger door window would roll down a few days before but only happened one time. She said she turned off the car and restarted a few minutes later all windows rolled down fine...just another electrical issue with this vehicle. This vehicle also has been having radio issues for years. 1/2 of the radio screen randomly disappears (left). Tapping it sometimes helps and sometimes is flickers wildly on and off. GMC dealer told us the radio needs replacing...like that's going to happen.

- Pasadena, MD, USA

Oct 182018

Acadia

My son was driving down hwy 281 and all of a sudden locks started going up and down like crazy, traction control, stability track, engine light all came on and car would not accelerate. Thank goodness my fiancÉ was with him and they managed to get home safely. The next day all the same things above plus backup camera not working and when it park, the box around P kept flashing on and off. Now car won¿T accel hardly at all. This is very dangerous when your out on roads. There's needs to be a recall and GMC needs to take care of their customers before someone gets killed! I have seen several posts with the same issues so what is taking GMC so long to fix their problems on vechicles?

- Johnson City, TX, USA

Sep 172018

Acadia

Wife complained the A/C suddenly stopped flowing from the dashboard vents while returning from a shopping trip. I started the engine and was switching the air flow direction from floor to dash when I started smelling smoke and saw smoke coming from the glove box area. I immediately turned the A/C off, removed the glove box, turned the A/C back on and saw smoke coming from an one of the A/C "actuators" up behind the glove box area. Removed actuator, was warm to the touch. Waiting for new replacement part T3983001.

- Germantown Hills, IL, USA

Jun 202018

Acadia

Under 100K miles and engine just blew up with out warning only had the car for 3 yrs prior when we first got it we had issues with the dvd cd player had to replace it and after 1 yr it went out again. Had issues with headlight bulb being replaced then blowing out. The big problem now is the engine and the car not running

- Cherokee, IA, USA

Dec 222016

Acadia

I purchased this vehicle about a year and a half ago and have been having problems starting the car every time that I put gas. The dealership that I purchased the vehicle from stated that the vehicle only had one previous owner but refused to give me a carfax report. They stated that they did a full vehicle inspection, and stated there were no defects, but no inspection report was in the car what so ever. I am ready to file an arbitration complaint if this situation doesn't get resolved because I am still making monthly payments on the loan.

- Madera, CA, USA

Aug 052018

Acadia

The contact owns a 2011 GMC Acadia. While attempting to turn the vehicle off, the gear shifter would not shift into the park position. As a result, the ignition key could not be removed from the ignition, causing the engine to keep running. The failure was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The local dealer (bill crispin Chevrolet, 7112 E Michigan ave, saline, mi) was notified, but no assistance was offered. The failure mileage was 48,197.

- Ypsilanti, MI, USA

May 012018

Acadia

I have a 2011 GMC Acadia slt. My car is equipped xenon high intensity discharge (hid tvd) low beams lamps. Both passenger and drivers side low beam light sockets have melted inside each head light assembly. The low beam lamp connectors and portions of each wiring harness have melted from the intense heat of the hid lamp. I contacted GMC customer assistance center to see if a recall has been initiated. No recall. I was given a case number and the contact information for my local customer experience manager. I was encouraged to schedule an appointment at the dealership so my light issue could be looked into by a GMC maintenance team. I was encouraged to resolve my lighting issue with my customer experience manager.

- Waianae, HI, USA

Sep 022017

Acadia

I was driving my 2011 GMC Acadia and all of a sudden the car started to decelerate. I pulled over and turn the car off and then the car would not start again. I had it towed to the dealership. The dealership is saying there is an issue with the timing chain. The dealership said that the timing chain failed. Upon doing research, I see that this is a common issue with GMC models, especially the Acadia model. The dealership is saying that the repair is going to cost me $7500. Given that this is well-known issue with the Acadia model, I feel that this issue should be recalled for the safety of consumers.

- Kershaw, SC, USA

Jul 132016

Acadia

Vehicles airbag was activated, brought to Chevy dealership was told it was a wiring issue involving passenger side. Was told there was. O warranty or recalls to cover problem and would require complete rewire of harness as they were unsure which wire was causing the issue ($2,000). Through research found that it is a known problem for 2008-2011 Acadia's but our VIN wasn't designated as being involved in recall. How GM can claim that a vehicle wxperiencing the exact same issue as the recall isn't covered under the recall is ridiculous. This appears to once again be GM disregarding safety caused by their failures in production so that they can make more money.

- Maynard, MA, USA

Dec 202016

Acadia

The contact owns a 2011 GMC Acadia. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start without warning. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact mentioned that the failure recurred multiple times. The contact, a mechanic, found no issues with the battery. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 140,000.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Dec 302016

Acadia

The contact owns a 2011 GMC Acadia. The contact stated that every time the air conditioning was activated, the air failed to blow out. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the rear evaporator core and blower motor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure was 85,000.

- Greenwood, AR, USA

Aug 042016

Acadia

Our nite mare began December 2015 purchase of this vehicle has been in shop more then we've driven it, first thoughts on non starting was needed bigger battery, did that, second they thought battery issues again, an third time of non starting suppose able bad ground on transmission, did that, fourth time another ground on transmission bad, fifth time thought some thing electrical, put in some sort of transmission module, sixth time brain part, seventh time the back hatch an 8th time they have no idea its in shop still from August 4th last time drove anit lock brakes came on an slowed our speed from 55 to 30 we were all scared

- Whiting, VT, USA

Jan 212016

Acadia

The day time running light has failed and melted the headlight housing.

- Antioch, CA, USA

Feb 142013

Acadia

The drivers side electrical components go haywire on occasion. It happens when driving, or stationary. Happens in all conditions. Sometimes I can't move my seat, roll the windows up or down, or unlock the doors using the drivers side controls. Additionally, the passenger side window will not roll down a majority of the time. The radio also, switches itself from radio to saying there is an ac adapter plugged in so it wont play music, when there is no adapter to input music plugged in. The guard over the seat controls came unhooked about a month after purchase without anyone touching it. I have reattached it back into place numerous times, it doesn't stay. I called dealer and he was confident there would be a recall soon to cover it. Has been almost 3 years and my warranty has already been up, and the recall that was "sure to cover it" has not happened yet.

- Gobles, MI, USA

Nov 042015

Acadia

My 2011 GMC Acadia suddenly drained the battery, I tried to start it and didn't work, the battery was dead, so I replaced the battery with a new one, the next day the new battery was drained like the old one, so I took the battery back to autozone, they checked the battery and was nothing wrong with it, they also checked the vehicle for any possible problems and the diagnostic didn't show any problems, so they replaced the battery again with a new one, ... so I had the new battery installed on my vehicle and went home, the next morning when I tried to start the vehicle the battery was dead, I went online and found forums talking about the same problem, I bought this vehicle for my wife and she got very dissapointed for having this issues with the vehicle, it's the first time that we purchased a GMC, we had always bought Ford vehicles, I called GMC and they don't have any reports with this type of problems but there is a lot of comments on internet from people suffering the same situation, .....I don't know what to do, and can't keep changing the battery everyday to be able to use my vehicle.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Jul 122015

Acadia

The contact owns a 2011 GMC Acadia. While driving 60 mph, the light switch fell on the dashboard and was hard to reach from the driver seat. There were no warning signs that illuminated prior to the issue. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, but the failure could not be duplicated. The vehicle was repaired with a temporary remedy. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was unavailable. MA 09/25 updated 01/27/16 updated 12/05/2017

- Bradenton, FL, USA