6.3

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 GMC Sierra 1500:

Sep 272019

Sierra 1500

I own a GMC Sierra which is 14 months old, purchased in dubai uae from alghandi auto. The last service for 40000 kms was done on August 8th, 2019 and no problem was highlighted except the battery that was subsequently changed. On Friday early morning (Sep 27, 2019), we have escaped a major accident on sheikh zayed road on account of the front wheel axle that just broke/came apart while driving, causing the front right wheel to detach from the vehicle, subsequently skidding to the right causing major damage to the suspension and many other parts in the vehicle. This could have caused even death of my son who was driving the vehicle. I would appreciate an immediate call from your office to resolve this as I am no longer interested in driving this car that can cost me & my family our lives. This needs to be done immediately as I would otherwise be in the process of seeking legal advice against GMC.

- Dubai, 00, USA

Dec 092019

Sierra 1500

The factory wheels do not grip the road. This was from day 1 of getting it brand new from the dealer. This has led to spinning the tires, fishtailing, and sliding while braking. This happens with even moderate amounts of pushing the gas pedal or braking well ahead of a slow down or stop in traffic in front of you. This is very dangerous and takes away the drivers ability to maneuver as we should.

- Dallas, GA, USA

Nov 162018

Sierra 1500

New truck with 15 miles. Bad vibration seems to be coming from both front and rear area at speeds of 64 to 72 possible tires out of balance or alignment.

- Pepperell, MA, USA

Nov 062018

Sierra 1500 6-cyl

Since day 1 of purchasing new, to current date, there is vibration at idle. There is vibration at highway speeds of 60 mph plus. It has been to the dealer 5 times for testing. This is a known problem with thousands of vehicles. GM says it meets their specifications. The dealer balanced the tires 3 times, no luck. The dealer replaced the tires, same issue. I am told the vibration at idle is normal. This problem is distracting when driving. I have been dealing with GM and the dealer for 7 months with no resolve. Https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/investigations/general-motors-customers-frustrated-over-shaking-in-pickup-trucks this link of a news clip shows what is happening to my vehicle. This happens every day, so ignore the date I entered below. I have videos but the file is too large to download.

- Mansfield, MA, USA