Most common solutions:

1. repaint (2 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 GMC Yukon:

Oct 282020

Yukon Denali

Buyer Beware!!! I bought a 2015 Gray GMC Yukon XL Denali brand new in 2015. Spent over $72K on the vehicle. We have come to realize that we have a serious paint problem with the hood and roof. The paint has oxidized with the clear coat pretty much disappearing. The hood looks like nothing but scratches.

We approached Carl Black and spoke with service advisor who referred us to the paint guy on staff in Kennesaw. He indicated yes he and GMC know this happens. He indicated it's an issue with the paint process at the factory. It does not appear on all GMC Denali's but happens to appear 5-6 years after model has been manufactured.

We asked him what help we could get to repaint areas from Carl Black dealership he said nothing could be done but to contact GMC and file a claim. We did so and heard right back from GMC they would not do anything! I asked the local rep if they know it happens why do they not tell people that there is a good chance this might happen. We could trade the vehicle in before we must pay $1500.00 - $2000.00 to have the areas repainted. He had no answer to my question.

I am done buying from Carl Black as well as GMC/Chevy. They can advertise all they want on quality, but when the rubber hits the road, they do not stand behind their ads. Shame on Carl Black and GMC!!!!

- Dennis S., Kennesaw, US

Oct 012018

Yukon SLT V8

The paint on my hood and roof has a "sunburst look, even according to the dealer. It looks like a 15yr. old vehicle, instead of a 3yr. old.

- Yvonne I., Naples, FL, US