8.7

Most common solutions:

2. new battery (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Honda CR-V:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.

May 012019

CR-V EX 2WD 1.5L

I cruise frequently and many cruises exceed 2 weeks. When I return home to my car I can pretty much expect a dead battery.

- Mc K., Port Charlotte, FL, US

Jun 292020

CR-V LX 4 cyl Turbo

We were on vacation and ready to go home. Went to start car and total dead battery. Able to recharge but all the lights on dashboard came on. Reviewed reports from others with same problem and lights cleared after driving few miles. Battery again went dead overnight. Recharged and able to get to Honda dealer in Marquette, MI (thankfully) and they quickly took care of battery replacement. After reading reports on battery problems, this seems to be a consistent problem with Honda! Wish I had known before purchasing. Grateful we were a few miles from a Honda dealer!!

This car has had other electrical issues such as braking for no reason, all windows and sunroof opened without touching anything. Dropped phone connection.

Have these problems been fixed or do I need to keep a look out for re occurrence?

- Debra R., Ottawa Lake, MI, US

Oct 012018

CR-V Touring V6

Since we bought the car in 4/18, the battery has drained and we have had to replace it with a new one 6 times already. This is absolutely ridiculous, when the car has less than 5,000 miles on it and we have to replace the battery constantly.

This issue NEEDS to be fixed. I am sick and tired of going out to my car and having to change my plans because of a dead battery on a new car less than 2 years old.

The mechanics at my local Honda dealership say they know it is a problem; however, there is nothing they can do about it except keep replacing our battery.

That is RIDICULOUS.