5.9

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda Civic:

Sep 012010

Civic

Bought car in May 2006, by Aug 2006 I was only getting 36 miles per gallon. Brought car to dealer. They said they replaced a part to fix problem. Problem not fixed! brought car back 3 more times and dealer said I was driving the car wrong. I told them to keep the car for a week, they did but still could not get the mileage over 37 mpg. They told us they didn't know what the problem was and there was nothing they could do about it. Went through 3 back tires on drivers side. They still wouldn't do anything about it! I had to pay for it! the car was getting worse and worse. Finally we took it to another dealer. They found that something was broken by the back tire (which is why I had to keep replacing them) and I needed a new transmission. All of that was covered under warranty. That was in September 2010. They also told me that's why I never got the mileage I was supposed to get. That was when they told me that I needed to get the software update!! now my car is not drivable! the battery doesn't charge, the car cant accelerate! the service manager and the foreman told Honda America that the car is not safe and Honda America doesn't care! I filed a claim and I was told that there is no problem with the car. I just need to get used to driving it differently! when I pressed them and told them my car is now undrivable, I was told that they had nothing else to say to me! Honda really messed this one up! people are going to get killed driving these cars....and they know it! my car was a lemon since the day I bought it! paid $5,000 extra for it, never got the mpg, and now I cant drive it!

- Budd Lake, NJ, USA

Aug 192009

Civic

The ima system on the 2006 Honda Civic hybrid is slowly disintegrating. The fuel economy has plummeted and the battery crashes intermittently rendering the car a highway menace. I doubt that driving the car without the ima is legal in any state. It is a recipe for death and disaster. I urge a complete investigation into american Honda who won't even admit that there is a problem. If that were the case, they would not have developed pcms (computer patches ) in an attempt to deal with this issue.

- Middletown, NY, USA

Dec 311900

Civic

2006 Honda Civic has issues with the gas mileage, road noise, broken glove compartment and vibrating left side mirror. The consumer stated the vehicle received 28-30 mpg gas consumption on the highway.

- New Rochelle, NY, USA

Aug 292007

Civic 4-cyl

I have a Honda Civic 2006 (lease) this car has 2 recall one on 8/30/07 and on 11/07 but the dealer never sent me any warning, note, letter or call to notify this situation, I read that by fed law they should contact me and let me know the ricks that this issue can cause me. I called because I had a problem with my car keys code and they told about this and they said sorry because they do not know why I was not notify about this I very disappointed because that is very dangerous and I do not get notify at all, I had 3 cars with the Honda all 3 are lease cars so it is not excuse that they cannot contact me also I am living T the same place for more than one year and I got my Honda bill every month.

- Miami, FL, USA

Sep 202006

Civic 4-cyl

Gasoline fumes enter the car through the ventilation system after start up when car has been sitting.

- Richmond, VA, USA