4.0

$750

Most common solutions:

2. replace condenser and add mesh/shielding to lx model (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Honda Civic:

Jan 092020

Civic EX

I am highly frustrated with the bad design of my 2018 Honda Civic. I have been having trouble with the AC since I bought the car new. In the 1st year the AC went out because the Freon was leaking after probably 5 trips to the dealer I was told my condenser or compressor was bad it worked for another 6 months and went out again and was told a rock hit the condenser it's not covered under warranty and it will cost $1200 and there is no way to prevent it from happening again. The dealer is aware that the design is bad and that it happens quite often but they haven't did a recall because they make more money off the bad design. I totally regret this model and year

- Antoinette W., Antioch, US

Aug 142020

Civic ES 4 cyl

Just purchased 2018 in Jan and ac stopped blowing cold air had checked I have a leak somewhere I have been told Honda was aware of problem but ain’t doing anything about problem as for fixing. What do I do about who to call?

- Cynthia P., Dublin, GA, US

Jun 032019

Civic LX-P 1.5L

• CVT transmission

Apparently the LX model civic has a different lower bumper insert that easily allows small rocks to puncture the AC condenser sitting in front of the radiator. This car has less the 6,000 miles, only drives on the highway and has never seen a gravel road yet has more dents in the AC condenser than a 90's ford pickup in your local high school parking lot.

Dealership claims warranty will not cover this due to it being "damage done by driving" but clearly a design flaw from manufacturer. There are dents higher than what seems physically possible. Unsure for the EX or higher trims but the LX has very straight and wide open slots under the bumper for airflow allowing this catastrophe to occur.

- Ryan M., Dublin, OH, US