8.0

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.

Jul 142021

Civic Hatchback Sport 1.5L Turbo

click to see larger images

engine lost power

Under normal acceleration while making a left turn from a parking lot, the engine would not accelerate. The dash engine light began to flash and the car slowed down dramatically with the gas pedal depressed. The car would idle but would not go over 10 mph. The vehicle was returned to the parking lot after turning while the engine light continued to flash. Honda Roadside Assistance was called and a tow truck was scheduled for dealer transport. The dealer was notified of the vehicle problems and blinking dash engine light. The dealer staff scheduled the service for two weeks from the date of the tow! Honda Customer Service was called and a complaint filed due to the long delay of scheduled service to a vehicle under the original 3/36 warranty. Honda told me directly that this was "an emergency repair situation." A case manager was supposed to be assigned but never was.

The dealer kept giving me the run around so I arranged for another tow at my expense to a different dealer 7.1 miles away. The original dealer then mysteriously began to look at my car! ? The car started and ran fine the service adviser informed. Then he asked me if I wanted them to continue to try to diagnose the problem. ? I of course said yes. He then asked me how many miles he should put on the car in order to try to duplicate the problem? My response was... fix the car!

After a week with no results I picked up the car and was informed by the repair order that two cylinders had misfired and that there was water above the spark plugs inside the channel just below the coil packs! It made sense to me that any type of water above a spark plug could cause a misfire. The dealer was lacking in their communication so I did not talk to them any further and I will never return there, ever! I have been getting appraisals to sell the car but I am in no hurry since the car still has the original warranty. I have decided that the car will never be sold back to any Honda dealer. I am considering Carvana because they offered me $2,000 more than two separate Honda dealers.

- Laura M., Howell, US