Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2021 Honda Pilot:

Oct 172021

Pilot

Purchased vehicle in August 2021. Discovered that driver side rear tire was completely flat while parked in my driveway. Noticeable gash in sidewall of tire Continental Crosscontact LX A376 D3K9 2321; 245/50R20 102H. Dealership had no explanation for the gash and since no recalls, had to pay nearly $300 for a new tire on a vehicle that was driven 2 months since purchased. My other tires are 2321, 2421, 2421, and the new tire is 4720. I saw there were two recalls for Pilot tires in the recent past and these tires should be reviewed as well.

- Roscoe, IL, USA

Sep 252021

Pilot

I purchased a new 2021 Honda Pilot in April. The incident occurred on 9/25/2021 at approximately 1:52PM CST. I was driving in Illinois (on I-88 near Exit 132). I was driving at approximately 65 MPH. The road had no debris. The vehicle (tires) was operating smoothly. Then, suddenly, the rear passenger tire ruptured/blewout, making the vehicle dangerous to drive (dangerous for passengers and other vehicles and pedestrians/workers). There was no warning light. I pulled over and the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority helped in replacing the ruptured/blownout tire (see pictures of tire to assess damage). Tire: 245/50R20 102H - Contenental CrossContact LX Sport - DOT A376 D3K9 0621. There was a recall on 2021 Honda Pilot tires. These tires may need to be recalled as well. I'm submitting my complaint to NHTSA. I have not yet contacted the dealership where I purchased the vehicle. Nor have I I discussed it with my insurance.

- Lansing, IL, USA