6.0

$380

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Hyundai Sonata:

Oct 012019

Sonata Limited 2.4L V4

click to see larger images

paint peeling paint peeling

I am extremely disappointed with the issues I have been experiencing with my 2016 Sonata and the peeling paint. It started on the hood and little by little pieces of paint were starting to come off. I had a body shop look at the hood and they indicated that these models were having this issue and that the paint would eventually start coming off all over the car. I had them repaint the hood and while they were preparing to paint, the original paint would just peel completely off and the small areas became bigger areas and they had to do more work than was expected. Now, I started noticing that the roof is starting to peel. I had reached out to Hyundai about this issue after researching and there had been a class action suit filed about exactly this situation and the case was thrown out.

I have owned 3 Sonatas and have been a very loyal customer. I cannot believe that Hyundai has not stepped up and taken responsibility for something that is blatantly wrong with their paint jobs on these cars. My car has only 35,000 miles and is dealer serviced and very well taken car of, cleaned and waxed often so it is not an issue of mishandling or lack of car. It is very frustrating that now I either have to get rid of the car before this issue gets worse or have to have the car completely stripped of its original paint and repainted. This car is paid for and in excellent conditions and I now have to take make some serious and costly decisions. Shame on you Hyundai for not taking responsibility!

- Rosel B., Miami, US