Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2020 Hyundai Sonata:

Mar 312021

Sonata

Driving on dry road, in middle lane of three lanes going 65 mph. Suddenly, right rear tire "poofed" but I kept control, started to look right to get off road. Took foot off gas, did not put on brake. Suddenly, left rear "poofed" and then an extremely loud-metal on metal- sound occurred back left and my car jack knifed into the passing, fast lane. A dump truck traveling in that lane struck me, front end and my door. The truck hit me and I rolled into the grassy medium, rolling over several times. The safety devices worked fabulously and my only injuries were from the seat belts which saved my life. I am lucky to be alive and I hope this doesn't happen to someone else. I was in icu for 5 days and hospital for a total of 9 days, I am will be recovering at home for months. I would like it investigated that either a mechanical issue or tire issue caused the accident. I only had 2300 miles on the car.

- Beacon, NY, USA

Oct 072020

Sonata

When steering there is a loud noise when turning in either direction be it left or right, something is rubbing in the stirring column, with the stirring having for to much play all most turning completely a full circle I have sent in this complaint once before, but gave the incorrect VIN number for my car something is rubbing, and it's a loud sound. The sound is there if when the car is in motion, or standing still, if you turn the stirring wheel

- Dania Beach, FL, USA

Oct 072020

Sonata

When making turns there is a very noticeable sound when turning both left and right, with for to much play in the steering while to the point that it all most goes completely around...while in normal drive mode it sounds sounds somewhat like a wash cycle/

- Dania Beach, FL, USA

Oct 112020

Sonata

Message on instrument panel stated'collision avoidance system was disabled and radar was blocked.the electric power steering also began to function erratically and a steering wheel symbol appeared and kept changing color from green to white.this happened after driving approximately 400 miles from the dealer in NJ to charlotte nc.mileage is 975.

- Dover, NJ, USA