4.0

Most common solutions:

1. need new engine (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Hyundai Tucson:

Jul 172021

Tucson SEL 2.0L

click to see larger images

excessive oil consumption excessive oil consumption

I have changed my oil on my Hyundai Tucson as recommended every 3,700 miles since I leased and purchase vehicle. I notice at 52,000 miles I was changing my oil after 3,700 mile and notice I was down 1 quart. So, I decided to keep an eye on this. At 68,000 when changing oil, I was down 2 quarts. I went to a Hyundai dealer and told them this not normal. They recommend an induction cleaning and new PCV and perhaps help solve the oil consumption. This did not help at all.

I was told by the dealer that Hyundai USA says every 1,117 mile is equal 1 quart of oil and this meets manufacture specifications. I find this ridiculous! My Tucson is at 78,000 mile and I'm burning oil at 1 quart per 1,000 miles. I ask another Hyundai Dealer for an oil consumption test and was told I need every receipt of oil change and will need my vehicle for 3 or 4 days. They were really trying to discourage me from having this done. Who keeps all the receipt buying oil for your car? I guess my bad. I can see a car burning 1 quart of oil at 100,000 miles - I have told Hyundai USA through a case number this poor quality. What ever happen to 100,000 mile or 10 year warranty on powertrain?

Greendale, Wisconsin