8.5

$60

Most common solutions:

2. i replaced the vapor recirculation fuel tube (1 reports)
  3. replace fuel tank, neck & pump (1 reports)
  4. replace gas tank, fill tube and vent tube (1 reports)
  5. replaced fuel pump (1 reports)

Dec 252020

Cherokee Lititude V6

For as much as a new car costs you should have 0 problems. This Jeep has had way too many things wrong. Today I will just mention the won't accept fuel problem. Started on a cold winter night. Took half an hour to fill. This should be recalled! Between the starting out in 3rd gear after their software update and not being able to put gas in, it makes it real hard to consider ever buying another one. Trans. shifted good until they updated software. When I had it at the dealer for a new drive shaft, (that's right had to replace that because the center support brgs. went out with only 15,000 miles on it).

It also had the half shaft wobble problem. Dealer replaced them both and that took care of that.

It also has the steering noise in cold weather. It has returned again this past winter. Also has the rattle noise when you start it. Ok I will stop on that one.

It has low miles. Don't really even like to drive this vehicle.

Update from Mar 19, 2021: Part # 68194161AB and blew a little compressed air through the line where the white end connects. All I know is it works!!!! Thank me later! Bought it at Moparpartsgiant.com

- amx, Fredonia, US

Sep 012020

Cherokee Trailhawk 3.2L V6

All of a sudden my 2014 Jeep Trail Hawk is having trouble taking more than a couple of dollars of fuel before the gas pump starts clicking like the tank won't take no more fuel. First thought it was the pump I was using but it has happen 3 more times. What the heck???. I have owned nothing but a Jeep since the early 90's. I have had an issue with the radio going bonkers in the last year, I had a cracked oil filter housing and now this?Any suggestions on an easy fix without having to spend alot at the dealer would be great.

- April L., Stanton, US

Dec 052019

Cherokee Trailhawk

suddenly, can't put gas in. never had any issues, always runs great, if you can get gas in it. literally have to dribble it in, a penny at a time. No error codes. What's up?

- J I., Bar Harbor, ME, US

Feb 112019

Cherokee Lattitude 4x4 V6

Suddenly my gas tank stopped filling properly. It would take more than 15 minutes to get about 6 gallons of gas into the car. Took the car to a local Jeep dealer where they said the Certified PreOwned warranty wouldn't cover the issue and they resolved it was the fuel pump. The cost would be $1200 plus tax. I then contacted the selling dealership. Cerritos Dodge in Cerritos California. They replaced the filler tube and a kinked vent tube. They never added fuel from a fuel pump but said it was fixed. I drove to a nearby gas station and tried to refuel and it would not fill. I took it back to the service center at the dealership. They are now telling me that is is not the car but "new pumps" causing this issue. And it is not the car but perhaps the design of the fuel system and there is nothing that can be done. And I need to learn to fuel my car properly. Well I promise you I have NEVER had a problem filling a gas tank.

My argument remains, IF IT IS NOT HAPPENING TO ALL CARS OF THIS MAKE, YEAR AND MODEL, then it is without question a repairable defect. I have noticed that on this forum several 2014 Jeeps at 40k Miles seem to start having this very issue. They told me I now have to battle the manufacturer. They sell cars but are not responsible for the manufacture and warrant-ability of them. I am now in the process of retaining an attorney to see where my recourse may be as this is without question one of the most ridiculous problems I have encountered. I welcome hearing the solutions that HAVE worked for those of you with the same problem.

Update from Mar 26, 2019: The dealership had the car in 2 times. They committed to finding and fixing the issue. They had to contact the regional tech from Chrysler. The initial worry was a clogged evaporations filter but in this car it was not the problem. Because it is a "Known" issue they recommended the fill tube and vent tube be replaced. This did not solve the issue. When I took it back they also replaced the gas tank. This allowed them to look at ALL lined of the fuel system and place everything back. It seems this has solved the problem. I was LUCKY to have a certified pre-owned car that the dealership pushed Chrysler to cover. Otherwise it would have been a very expensive repair.

- Andrew H., West Hills, US

Dec 142018

Cherokee Limited 3.2L V6

Bought New 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited. Had it 4 years when it would not accept gas without pump clicking. Tried several stations. Contacted Jeep dealership. They said they had never heard of the problem. Researched online. Tons of Jeep dealers have had this same issue and replaced gas tanks, etc and had the problem return. Not sure why this has not been placed on the recall list as so many Jeep owners have had the same issue.

Filed a complaint with the manufacturer, got NO where. They said IF I had been a more "loyal" customer they may have been more willing for foot the bill for the repair. THIS IS ONLY MY SIXTH (6TH) JEEP VEHICLE IN THE LAST 25 YEARS!!!

Estimate determined it would cost $2300 to maybe have the issue repaired. I cannot afford a "maybe" solution. I am currently following other owner's suggestions and trying to different angles for the gas flow to pump gas. This takes a minimum of 20 minutes to fill the tank up. Needless to say, getting gas is a pain.

- Rita V., Woodbridge, US

Sep 022017

Cherokee Latititude

Bought previously owned 2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude. Had it 4 months when it would not accept gas without pump clicking. Tried several stations. Contacted Jeep dealership. They said they had never heard of the problem. Researched online. Tons of Jeep dealers have had this same issue and replaced gas tanks, etc and had the problem return. Not sure why this has not been placed on the recall list as so many Jeep owners have had the same issue.

Research determined it would cost $1700 to maybe have the issue repaired. I cannot afford a may be solution. I am currently following other owner's suggestions and trying to different angles for the gas flow to pump gas. This takes a minimum of 10 minutes to fill the tank up. Needless to say, getting gas is a pain.

- A J., Houston, US

Feb 012018

Cherokee Sport 2.4L

Had issues with putting gas into my car because it would only pump 50 cents at a time. Even though fuel tank was completely empty, the gas pump would click and stop as if the fuel tank was completely full. I took it to the dealer and it ended up being an internal defect in vent valve. They replaced the fuel pump to fix this issue.

- John K., Centereach, NY, US

Feb 012018

Cherokee Latitude

Every time I go to fill up gas, it takes me 15 minutes. I have to pump .50 cents at a time. Whether my tank is full or empty and the station doesn't matter, I still can only pump a tiny bit at a time. I believe air is getting trapped and sending it back up the pump, making the pump think its full. I have read this complaint over and over on here and different message boards with no resolution. I have seen people spending thousands on equipment that is unnecessary so I am afraid to do anything to it. This has been going on for months now and it is a true pain. I want to just trade in the car for something else at this point...

- Matt H., Dallas, TX, US

Dec 232017

Cherokee Limited 3.2V6

Exactly as the others have described. Takes forever to fill tank with gas. Bought used. Checking with dealer now to see if they know what it is. I know they have had this complaint before. Checked with Jeep Andy there are no recalls on the car.

- Donna R., Wilton, CT, US

Jan 182018

Cherokee Limited

Gas tank would not fill up, it would immediately click when adding gas no matter how empty or full the tank was. Tried filling up gas at multiple gas stations, thinking it was a pump issue, but no luck anywhere. Took the Jeep in to the dealership where purchased (Luther Brookdale, Minneapolis), and their mechanic found no issue with it the first day. Got the jeep back and exact same issue, I don't know what the guy looked at the first time. Second time I brought the Jeep back they identified the issue and put in a new gas tank. I put just over 900 miles on the jeep since then, filling the gas tank up 2-3 times and now the exact same issue! Taking the jeep back to the dealership next week as that is the earliest they can get me in. Takes me 10 minutes just to fill a half of a tank right now, click..click..click..

- Jared B., Minneapolis, MN, US

Feb 022018

Cherokee Trailhawk

When filling up with gas (and yes it needed gas), attempted once and the nozzle kept shutting off. Gas would also back up into the neck of the tank After getting about 3 dollars in. Went to another station, same problem. Upon looking, it seems the fuel tank neck internal filler flap cannot be seen. Unsure if that is the problem. However, when I called the dealership they have never heard of this issue, not even people having issues with not being able to fill up without pump shutting off every few cents worth of gas. I tried 4 gas stations and two people attempted to fill it. I have had this Jeep since 2015 and never had an issue filling it with gas until a week ago.

- Elaun P., Hawesville, KY, US

Feb 012017

Cherokee Limited 3.2L V6

I am unable to add fuel without the fuel pump automatically kicking off. I thought this might be an easy fix looking at the evap tube and/or canister. The mechanic removed all of the tubes and tested for any blockage, but could not locate any. They said I needed a new sensor and fuel tank, estimated at $1,300 for parts and labor, but couldn't guarantee that this will fix the issue. The parts are currently on order and I am waiting for the installation.

- bucyj, Pickerington, US

Dec 162016

Cherokee Limited 3.2L V6

On Dec 16, 2017 I took my car to the Jeep dealer because I was unable to add more then 0.4 gallons of fuel at a time to my 2014 Jeep Cherokee fuel tank. Initially they changed every hose from the fuel tank to the engine but that did not fix the problem. They decided to change the tank. It was ordered on 12/22/2017 and arrived at the dealer on 1/23/2017. It was changed and still can't add fuel to the tank without it popping off every 0.4 gallons. Engineer from Chrysler came down. Repeat tank replacement. Told car fixed. Picked it up on 2/24/2017 with past full fuel tank which was odd since I brought in in on empty and had told them I wanted to go from the dealer to the gas station to test it. 2/27/2017 finally down a quarter of a tank. At gas station pop off after 0.35 gallons. Took service manager back to station where he confirmed that problem had NEVER been resolved. I have had 2 customer care (what a misnomer) case numbers and have asked on now 5 occasions for a case manager to call me back and I have received ZERO calls back. Chrysler doesn't care.

- Amy Y., North Potomac, US