8.0

$4,800

Most common solutions:

2. replace head gasket, cylinder (1 reports)
  3. replaced lifter and camshaft (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Jeep dealer.

Aug 102022

Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7L V8

Had my 2013 GC overland w/ the 5.7L Hemi since the end of 2020 never had any problems with it up until a few months ago. Beginning of May I was on my way into town & heard an unfamiliar chime come from my trucks speakers & checked my gauges & noticed my oil pressure gauge was maxed out @ 96psi gauge only goes to 100.

Since the 1st incident when my oil pressure sensor went out in may 2022, fixed it changed oil & it got the best gas mileage it's ever gotten since I've had it. Then a week later, on my way home @ 3am on a back road, the check engine light comes back in and took it to a shop. They wouldn't mess with it but said it was coming up shift solenoid A, took it to a transmission shop & cost me 1000$ I didn't have.

- jeepjeep13, Lindale, US

Jul 202020

Grand Cherokee Larado 5.7L V8 Hemi

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4X4 with a 5.7 V8 HEMI. Driving on the hight way pulling our small camper and there was a noise from the engine and then a ticking noice from the drivers side. The Check engine light came on and I lost a ton of power. I had my code reader and it was throwing P303 which is a misfire on cylinder 3. Pulled over and shut the car off. I had my code reader and it was throwing P303 which is a misfire on cylinder 3.

I was able to drive slowly for a few miles into town where there was a dealership. They inspected the car and informed me that the lifter on 3 stuck and the would most likely need to replace that lifter and the cam shaft. Quote was $5,200. I had he car towed to my mechanic, 120 miles away at an expense of $200 which I was happy with, but still.. Mechanic told me the same thing after inspecting it. I had the repair made and traded it the Jeep in the same day for a GMC Sierra 1500 Duramax 3.0. I read several places where this was an engineering problem from Chrysler where the lifters were not getting enough oil. See this video.

My lifters looked exactly the same. I am so disappointed with Jeep/Chrysler for this. I maintained this engine very well. Never went over on miles between oil changes, followed all recommended maintenance and can only get 120,000 miles out of the car? I will never, ever buy a Chrysler product again and I will do everything in my power to let everyone I know not to as well.

- Scott L., Chandler, AZ, US

Jul 232016

Grand Cherokee V6

they have the car at the dealer for 45 days just to end up having to take it back

- Esveyde L., San Anatonio, TX, US