7.4

$1,900

Most common solutions:

1. replace dashboard (4 reports)
  3. re-glue dashboard (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

Feb 032021

Grand Cherokee Overland V6

Other model Jeep Grand Cherokee's are covered for replacement dash but the 2015 is not even though it has the same issue as other Jeep Grand Cherokees. My Jeep was even manufactured in the same year as the other dash warranties allowed. The dealership even noted that almost every Jeep he sees has this issue and is still not covered by Jeep. Find it hard to believe that only a select few have been recalled. I even have a lifetime warranty from Mopar and they will not cover this issue. Getting the runaround from a company you purchased multiple vehicles from is sad and makes you question why you have loyalty to the brand. I really hope they fix this soon before we jump from Jeep in diamond Chrysler as a total brand.

- Christopher S., Charlotte, US

Sep 012020

Grand Cherokee Overland 3.0L Diesel

click to see larger images

dashboard is falling apart dashboard is falling apart

2011-2014 models are covered under a recall for the same issue.

2015 should be included until Jeep can determine if the problem was fixed with newer models.

This poorly made and 100% a faulty part.

- Alex G., Boca Raton, FL, US

Dec 222020

dashboard is falling apart

Dashboard leather is popping out. Need to re-glue it.

- Prithwiraj D., Land O Lakes, FL, US

Feb 252018

Grand Cherokee Overland V6

Jeep has clearly washed their hands of this repair. It should be a recall on a 50k vehicle. The leather dashboard has wrinkled and is coming up off the dash. We have owned 8 jeeps and never had anything this bad. It's not a good sign when getting the less high end jeep would have been a better choice because jeep will not take care of a clear defect on a high end leather finish on the Overland. It's very frustrating to say the least.

- Jason M., San Francisco, CA, US

Aug 222019

Grand Cherokee Summit V8

click to see larger images

dashboard is falling apart dashboard is falling apart dashboard is falling apart dashboard is falling apart

BEWARE OF JEEPS WITH LEATHER INTERIOR DASH. PERIOD!

After purchasing and owning my 2015, Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit for under a year with only 33,000 miles, I noticed the dash started to bubble. Note: This care was garage kept and sun guard used on a regular basis. I would think that Jeep would warranty & hold their products to a higher standard than this. Jeep will NOT do anything about it. They know this is a problem and still refuse.

Offering a RRT that just ended June 2020 to only replace the POS leather dash for year 2014 which makes absolutely NO F**ing sense, seeing as how 2015 is a newer model and still will not cover. I tried filing claim with Jeeps CSR, waste of my time! Not willing to help one bit! You would think JEEP would STAND by the product they over price sell you and replace at no cost to you (DUE TO DEFECT IN THE GLUE THEY USED FOR INSTALLATION)... NOPE!

NEVER WILL I EVER BUY A JEEP AGAIN. WISH I KNEW PRIOR TO BUYING! I WILL MAKE IT MY MISSION TO MAKE SURE ALL OTHER PERSPECTIVE BUYERS OF JEEP ARE AWARE OF THIS DEFECT & NOT COVERED!!!!!

- cabernathy, Lexington, US

Aug 302019

Grand Cherokee Overland V6

The leather on the dashboard started coming unglued and was unsightly. I have extended warranty but the leather on the dashboard is not covered. Dealership has quoted $1,100 to replace leather and has recently ordered replacement. In checking, I have discovered the same issue has occurred on Jeep Summit and Jeep Overland, also known as "top of the line" Jeep. I called Jeep headquarters to see if I can get any assistance in the cost of the replacement because of same issue reported by numerous Jeep owners. Not pleased with response. My local Jeep dealership service department is awesome and very professional.

Update from Oct 15, 2019: The leather on the dashboard has bubbles indicating it is becoming unglued and is unsightly. I have extended warranty but the leather on the dashboard is not covered. Car has been garaged the majority of the time and not exposed to extreme heat exposure. Local dealership where I bought the vehicle new has quoted $1,100 to replace the leather on the dashboard as replacement has been ordered. I have discovered the same issue has occurred on “top of the line”Jeeps- Summits and Overland. I called MOPAR and they seemed uncaring and did not offer any assistance. This is my #3 new Grand Cherokee but may be my last. Why pay top dollar and expect good quality but not get it.

- Annette D., North Little Rock, AR, US

Jul 262019

Grand Cherokee Summit 3.6L 6 Cal 4wd

Leather dashboard has begun to buckle. Unsure of what to do as it has just appeared.

- atlantajeep, Atlanta, US