3.6

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Jeep Renegade:

Sep 272018

Renegade

I bought my 2015 Jeep Renegade brand new in September 2015 and began having problems right away. There's a power issue where the car will just shut off and lose power and the key gets stuck in the ignition. I have had it jumped several times just to get it moving again. Took the car to several auto zones to test out the battery just to see if I would get a different response but each confirmed that there is nothing wrong with the battery. It either completely shuts off or stops picking up speed in the middle of busy houston traffic. You can feel when it switch gears sometimes, it makes this hard and loud popping noise when it's trying to switch gears. It's always done that. This usually happens if IżM at a slower driving speed, like turning at a light, and then accelerate to pick up speed, it either makes that loud popping sound, or struggles to pick up speed and eventually stalls and/or lose power. It's real scary. Iżve been having this problem since I bought it and have had it checked out many times but no one can tell me what's wrong with it. I have been monitoring the recalls and have been seeing numerous cases from people with the same issue IżM having but somehow my VIN isnżT associated with any recalls.

Jan 012020

Renegade

When driving the vehicle it hesitates to receive gas and it shifts extremely hard between gears. It stalls and moves forward aggressively when pressing the gas. It vibrates hard while idling (at traffic lights) it has become a safety hazard as it feels as though it is ready to stop at any moment

Jan 242020

Renegade

The cap less fuel filler broke. I was filling with fuel at the gas station. When the tank was full I went to remove the nozzle from the cap less filler neck and the cap less portion broke away from the filler neck and stayed attached to the nozzle. Now every once and awhile you can see gas must spill out of the neck when the tank is full since there is nothing to prevent fuel from coming out.

- Ashwaubenon, WI, USA

Jan 102020

Renegade

I have a hard time putting gas in the car though it was the pump but it's everywhere I go and it eats up a lot of gas. The electrical messed up sometimes it wonżT start I got a new battery and everything but the service people said it has to be electrical my keys never work I have to manually use key and lock the door from inside my gears the engine ideals high and car jerks sometimes when IżM taking off

- Redlands, CA, USA

Aug 262019

Renegade

2015 Jeep Renegade limited 4X4 has stalled while driving on 3 separate occasions since purchasing it used from dealership in January 2019. It stalls while in stop and go traffic without any warning. I have to put in park, push the start button to turn it off, and then push the button again with foot on break to start it again. Thankfully this has only happened while driving slowly (10-15 mph) in a line of cars towards a stop sign however this is extremely unsafe!

- Woodacre, CA, USA

Aug 152019

Renegade

Car will fail sporadically to accelerate while trying to merge into traffic I was almost hit by other vehicles more than once I've talked to others with the same car and all of them described the same exact experience it's only a matter of time before someone is killed.

- Pueblo, CO, USA

Aug 112019

Renegade

It was working fine then out of no where the transmission light came on and all the emergency lights started flickering. The shift gear won't move and it won't accelerate when its in drive. Car shakes when shifting gears.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Aug 122019

Renegade

On the freeway and came to a stop. Put foot on gas, and it wouldn't move. This has happened 3 times on the freeway. Had to change gear, and restart engine to move.

- Encino, CA, USA

Jun 032019

Renegade

While I was driving on the interstate, going 70 mph, my car stopped running and said there was an error. I had a family member help me load it up and take it to the dealership. They told me that my fuel sensor malfunctioned and showed me that I had gas however my car had no gas. I had to purchase an entire fuel pump since the sensor is integrated within the pump. My mileage was 36,000 now my radiator fan assembly needs replaced as it is going out. I am at 41,000 miles now. I noticed a weird noise coming from the motor area while I was idling. I noticed

- Lawton, OK, USA

Jun 132019

Renegade

The contact owns a 2015 Jeep Renegade. Moments after the vehicle was turned off, it failed to restart. The vehicle was towed to fox Chrysler (4100 plainfield ave ne, grand rapids, mi) where it was diagnosed that the fuel pump was faulty; however, the part would not available until August of 2019. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 50,147.

- Allendale, MI, USA

Apr 042019

Renegade

The car will turn off while driving, thinking that it is out of gas, when in actuality the car has between 3-4 bars of gas left. No "low fuel" warning light or notification will appear. This has happened to me three times in the past month, once while on the interstate traveling out of town & the car literally started sputtering and cut completely off at 65 mph almost causing a rear end collision with a semi. I have two small children & I do not feel safe driving this vehicle at all, especially with them in the car. I purchased this car in November 2018 & every time the vehicle was low on gas, I would receive a notification & the light would appear. However as I stated previously on three separate occasions the vehicle shut off at 3-4 bars of gas without any notification whatsoever.

- Goose Creek, SC, USA

Mar 232019

Renegade

At times, my radio has turned off on its own and when I'm on the phone it will disconnect from the bluetooth to my phone multiple times during the call. Another issue I'm having is when I am driving, it has fallen dead on me in the middle of the road and won't restart. It's happened at a traffic light and while driving. I've tried turning off my lights, radio, A/C to restart with no luck. Each time I've had to get towed home. I have a standard transmission. Each time it's happened, I've had fresh oil, gas and a good battery. Lastly, sometimes I'll start smelling something like a burning smell as if something is hot or overheating, but I never get a message on my dash. Ive also taken it to the dealership and they said nothing was wrong. I don't know what is going on and I got it Nov 2017.

Apr 012018

Renegade

There is a power surge at times and majority of times there is a "lull" of power at take off. Upon departure at a stop light, there is hesitation when gas is applied so you have to heavily apply gas. Other times you go to park and come to stop then the car surges before placing in park. I have reported this to my dealer since purchase several times since March 2018 with no resolve. They state no recall and nothing shows up when testing it. Vehicle still

- West Frankfort, IL, USA

Nov 092018

Renegade

Thermostat check engine light is on and need replacing and car has less than 54000 miles on it..while car was in motion.

- Killeen, TX, USA

Oct 312018

Renegade

Multiple times since owning this vehicle the past 7 months, I have had to get 3 oil changes and top off the oil many times in between, which is much more than the manual states is necessary. This vehicle burns through or loses oil too quickly, which causes the vehicle to turn off while driving (in motion) which is a huge safety concern. It often turns off going up or down hill, and after or mid turn (what little oil is remaining shifts) on city streets. My car has turned off itself in the middle of traffic more than a dozen times. Sometimes it takes a couple minutes before it will turn itself back on. Like mentioned, this has occurred more than a dozen times since May 2018 (purchased vehicle in March 2018). Between 10/29 and 10/31, it occurred 9 times. If necessary, I have documentation of the frequency of service needed.

- South Salt Lake, UT, USA

Sep 122018

Renegade

The fuel filler tube broke off, with minor gas spillage. Seemingly impossible then to refuel. Had to have a $950 repair/replacement part. Obviously problem occurred at the pump.

- Kenosha, WI, USA

Mar 052018

Renegade

Vehicle jerked hard and immediately lost propulsion while driving 73 mph on interstate. Was able to coast to a stop at a rest area, engine light came on, car shut off. Would restart for a few seconds and die again. When trying to start it a message showed up saying to stop the car when shifting gears, the car was in park and not moving. Parking brake light came on without applying it, took several attempts to get it to go off. Roadside assistance had it towed to closest Jeep dealership. Car started for them the next day and they said no codes showed up and that the car stopped because it was low on oil and 200 miles past time for an oil change. Said this was a feature of the car -if it was low on oil it would just die so it couldn't be damaged by driving it with low, or no, oil, and that no warning light would come on. They changed the oil, pronounced it fixed and I got it back. 3 days later I was driving home on a hilly, windy, 2-lane road, 25 mph, the car again lost propulsion, this time without jerking first. I was able to coast downhill to a wide spot in the road and stop. When the engine light came on and a "service engine" message appeared. Called my husband, when he got there we restarted the car and it was shaking like crazy and sounded like a bunch of heavy metal objects were being tumbled in a metal drum. Called roadside assistance and the car was towed to the same dealer as before. After 2 days they called me and said that it needed an engine wiring harness, cam shaft sensor, crank shaft and spark plugs, plus the diagnostic check. Wanted me to pay for the work. Called my extended warranty company, they said it had to be towed to the dealership where it was purchased since it was less than 40 miles away, so it was towed there. Still waiting to hear from original dealership as to what they think the problem is, today is the 4th day they've had the car.

- Hurricane, WV, USA

Feb 272016

Renegade

Engine hesitates when trying to accellerate from just stopped to 30mph and gear feels like it is in a lower gear than it is even though it is an automatic. Dashboard completely flickers all areas of operation until finally showing mph. When I purchased vehicle brand new, it had to be towed into dealer next morning. Dealer stated battery was dead and needed charged as well as there being little to no oil in vehicle. I have never encountered this with a new vehicle before. Also the mesh from the passenger door is separating from the handle as of 1 week from purchase.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Jul 212017

Renegade

Driving along at about 40 mph on a rural road on vacation out West when the vehicle quit accelerating. Coasted to roadside. Upon turning vehicle off, made sounds for a while. Let it rest and tried to restart on multiple occasions. No luck. The vehicle was towed and dealership said the fuel pump had to be replaced. Mileage was 64K. The fuel pump is not considered part of the power train so this was not covered under warranty.

- Winnfield, LA, USA

May 312017

Renegade

Seeing loss of power loud muffler and undercarriage. Random indicators such as change oil, power locks and doors, 4X4 not working. Heat at 75 degrees blows cold air.

- Chicago, IL, USA