Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Kia Optima:

Aug 252020

Optima S 2.4L

Just got back from Kia dealership. THIRD A/C resistor failure on a 2018 Optima I bought new.

I had AC resistor replaced - still under warranty (20,000 mi) in July 2019 and the replacement shorted out in September. Noticed water leaking on passenger side floor (clogged A/C reservoir evap hose...I'm assuming).

Service Manager stated that’s probably not what caused the component to short out (THIRD TIME). I find that hard to believe since I am now on the THIRD resistor shorting out. They wouldn’t replace it free this time stating there was water found outside of resistor. Got charged $151 for initial diagnosis. They wanted to charge me an extra $165 for additional diagnosis for fan repair. There's water on the passenger side floor leaking from what I assume is a clogged reservoir hose....again! And now the blower motor is making a noise that was not there before I took it to the dealership! Currently contacting Kia Consumer Affairs..again!

- Pj A., Chicago, IL, US