$1,600

Most common solutions:

1. new master cyl & brake controller (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Lincoln MKX:

Jul 292021

MKX Limited 3.7L

Brakes failed on the way home from dinner at night. Took it to the local Ford dealer (where it's serviced), where they tested the system and replaced the master cylinder. But I still have a failure. Now they want to replace the brake elect controller - but it's on a national shortage, due to computer clip. This part fits a lot of years and models - how long due I wait? I love the CUV, but should I buy a new Lincoln? I feel the FMC should reimburse me for the parts, plus there's still no due date for fix!

- Larry H., Grants Pass, US

Aug 102014

MKX V6

I'm upset cause I bought this vehicle with only 18,500 miles and I only drove it 2200 miles . I feel like a 2012 with very little miles should not have brake booster problems. I'm scared to drive the car when I almost hit a car on the highway when that vehicle was slowing down and I struggled to brake. Scariest moment of my life. I called the dealership and they don't even have the parts available. My daughter is taking me back & fourth to work and errands. Not happy with this vehicle. If I'm having problems now I might have to junk it by the time it reaches 50,000 miles.. Ugh..

- virginianew york, Bronx, NY, US