Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Lincoln MKX:

Apr 272019

MKX

I had noticed a week prior to driving to work everyday that my brakes were sometimes going to the floor and sometimes stopping all the way up making the pedal hard to push. I drive 20 miles both directions daily so I am on the highway to work. On a Monday morning I exited off the interstate and I had no brakes they went all the way to the floor so I immediately drove it to the nearest brake repair shop just down the street from where I work. I had just had my car at the dealership on Friday prior to the happening on Monday for a complete service. The brake service repair shop called and said it was the brake booster and that was happening to several of the Ford edges and my Lincoln Mkx is on the same make as the Ford edge. I called Lincoln got a customer service rep and he said it is not covered. You are out of warranty so I asked him to check if they had had any problems with it. He told me no. I just learned this week from a repair shop locally that the brake boosters were on recall and they should have told me that. I also called Lincoln again and questioned them she said they had no record of me calling. I told them you might not have records but I did make the call and my car should have been on the recall list. I have owned several Ford vehicles and a break booster has never gone out on any of my vehicles. This is a bad manufactured product and I could have been killed in an accident because it broke. The repair shop I took it to said you can no drive this car. I received a defective part on my car and they should have recalled it and replaced it by Lincoln. They also told me because I didn't take it to a dealership that it was not covered but I could not get it to a dealership because I had not breaks. They should have told me that when I called Lincoln the day it broke but they didn't. I feel like they should refund the expense for this repairs

- Calhoun, GA, USA

Jul 112018

MKX 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2014 Lincoln Mkx. While the vehicle was parked in the driveway and the contact was exiting, the vehicle started to roll forward down the driveway. The contact attempted to depress the brake pedal, but the vehicle failed to stop and crashed into a tree. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained fractured ribs, collarbone injuries, and scraped knee injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic where the vehicle was awaiting diagnostic testing. The dealer was not contacted. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 57,000.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Aug 202015

MKX

When driving the car shut off and lost total power. Lost steering, braking, and engine while driving down the road at 50 + miles per an hour.

- Lake Mary, FL, USA