6.0

$2,410

Most common solutions:

1. replace the pcv valve assembly (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Mercedes-Benz Metris:

Aug 112020

Metris Passenger 2.0L I4 Turbo

click to see larger images

positive crankcase ventilation regulator valve positive crankcase ventilation regulator valve

Check engine light came on during a summer vacation about 700 miles from home with only 45k miles. Had the code scanned and started researching the forums. Called the local Mercedes dealer and didn't get any help. Forums say that this is a common problem with the M270/274 engine that has been known about for years. Some 'genius' put the PCV valve into an assembly that requires $900 worth of labor to access. PCV valves wear out all the time and they don't think they should make it easily accessible?

I drove the car home since it wasn't yet in limp mode and get a quote for $2,404 from our local dealer. My coworker just replaced his PCV valve on his Honda by himself because it is on top of the engine where it should be. Seriously thinking about moving on from this car after two and a half years. Not sure I can maintain a Mercedes without getting mad at it. I had been considering a C300 for my wife but I think I'll avoid Mercedes in the future.

- J P., Centerville, UT, US