Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Nissan Altima:

Sep 012020

Altima

The material the dash is made from gets extremely hot and melts, and the upper dash has a glare that shines and comes off the dash into the windshield area & causes a major distraction from the glare. My 20-yr old drives this car and has almost crashed due to the glare. The dash needs replaced. I tried a photo, but does not show the glare.

- Lutz, FL, USA

Nov 202015

Altima

My dashboard is melting and making it shiny that reflects to my windshield making it hard to see while driving.

- N. Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jun 102019

Altima 4-cyl

My car is showing a crack which started on the left side of the dashboard and has slowly stretched all the way over to the other end. I need my car for Transport and am afraid that one day the dashboard could open up while I am driving, which could cause major damage to me and my granddaughters. I am a senior with no income at this time and unable to make any upgrades or repairs. Please let me know if there is anything you can do or if I need to reach out to anyone else that can help me resolve this issue.

- Houston, TX, USA

Nov 012019

Altima

Vehicle was garaged for first four years in New York. Now in Florida for 6 yrs. And dashboard is melting making it almost impossible to drive on sunny days. I fear having an accident as the glare from the melted dashboard is obstructing my view. Also concerned about breathing these chemicals.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

Sep 222019

Altima

The catalytic converter is clogged causing car to not have any power.it happened coming off the fwy.

- Azusa, CA, USA

Nov 012015

Altima

Dashboard is melting and creating a glare on the windshield, sometimes making it difficult to drive.

- Windermere, FL, USA

May 062016

Altima

My dashboard has melted and it causes for the inside of the windshield to build a film. Its difficult to clean and I have to clean I at least once a day. The glare off the melted dash makes it difficult for me to see outside. I have included some pictures of the damage.

- Mercedes, TX, USA

Jul 072016

Altima

My dashboard on my 2010 Nissan Altima is melting/sticky and the gear handle is sticky and I've contacted the corporate office and was told there's nothing they can do for me. I was driving and there was a glare in the windshield! it's hard to see, it looks like the sun is shining directly into your eyes. This is an ongoing issue and this is truly a safety hazard and Nissan does not care at all.

- Decatur, GA, USA

May 012019

Altima

2010 Altima with a melting and cracking dash board since Iżve moved to Florida. The glare impairs visual field and presents a safety issue for myself and others.

- Coconut Creek, FL, USA

Jan 012016

Altima

The dash on the car is melted. There is a strong chemical smell in the car that we cannot get rid of and we are constantly having to clean the windshield during the summer months to remove a film that causes a horrible glare in the day and at night. The car was originally bought in Texas but we live in Oklahoma now. The problem started a few years ago but over time it has just gotten worse and now the dash is so sticky you cannot clean it other than vacuum the big pieces off.

- Jenks, OK, USA

May 012018

Altima

My 2010 Nissan Altima has a "melting" dash, particularly around the defroster area. It is sticky in other parts of dash on sides and where it is molded. This problem has been reported on nbc5 in dallas, tx in the month of July for 2008-2009 models. To my surprise, my 2010 has same issue. I took car to dealer and they said they have seen lots Altima's with the same problem and nothing could be done except replacement, over $1000 dollars. I am still paying on this car (since 2014) and feel it should be fixed by Nissan since it is caused by them using a sub standard material. This car was manufactured in Mississippi according to Nissan. It is a safety issue as it continues to disintegrate in high heat. Cannot park in sun & can't put sun screen up where melted, it sticks & makes permanent marks in dash. Since it appears shiny it gives off a glare on windshield. Nissan should be responsible for a fix. This is my second Altima and it did not have this issue! I can provide photo on request.

- Kemp, TX, USA

Jul 042019

The steering wheel lock

- Lebanon, MO, USA

Jul 012019

Altima

Dashboard is melting/incredibly sticky. Creates a glare on windshield, particularly on sunny/bright days, that can make it difficult and dangerous to drive. I've heard that older models have this problem.

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Apr 052019

Catalytic converter engine light

- Warner Robins, GA, USA

Jan 102019

Altima

Dashboard is melting and cracking, causing a sticky glaring problem when driving. Nissan refused to do anything about when contacted.

- Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Nov 012018

Altima

My dashboard is melting. You can't put anything on it or even touch it without getting a very sticky residue on your hands. It is also a major hazard when it is sunny out. When the sun hits the melting part of the dash, I am blinded. Nissan needs to do the right thing & replace these dashboards. I know I'm not the only one having issues.apparently everyone driving this car in the southern states is having this issue.

- Hensley, AR, USA

Feb 012019

Altima

2010 Nissan Altima coupe dashboard is melting. Numerous complains are in online threads but Nissan is not taking responsibility. This issue is expeirenced in years from 2008 to 2013. This is a severe safety hazard that needs to be resolved by Nissan. Only occurs in hot climate.

- Winter Park, FL, USA

Nov 062013

Altima

A recall needs to be made for 2010 models on the Altima due to melting dashes, everything gets stuck if something is placed on the dash. Please replace dashes!

- Dallas, TX, USA

Nov 032018

Altima

I have been having stalling issues with the cvt transmission in my car for over a year. Took it to the Nissan dealership here where I live on 12/17 for the issue only received a change of fluid no error codes. Spent almost $300 that day. Took it back again on 1/18 for the same issue, not even a month apart. Was told that from the video I showed the Nissan worker it was my transmission going bad. I had to pay $110 to hook it up to the machine this day. After leaving my car at the dealership for over a week I was told that they could not honor the 120,000 extended warranty because they were not able to duplicate the problem or pull any error codes. They performed an update to the transmission which they stated was needed and that "should" fix the issue. Fast forward to 11/3/18 less than 3000 miles later it's stalling again and won't go past 5 mph with the gas paddle all the way to the floor on a flat surface street. I had to pull over because there were cars behind me and it was an unsafe situation. I have documented all of this and have videos to prove everything that I speak of. There was a time where I was driving on the interstate and doing the speed limit of 70 and all of a sudden my car slowed down on its own to 50 and would not accelerate. I had to try to make it over to the shoulder without getting hit by 18 wheelers zooming past me. That in itself is a safety issue and concern for me.

- Columbia, TN, USA

Sep 192018

Altima

Car caught fire while driving...completely burned

- New Cumberland, PA, USA