Most common solutions:

2. replace both headlight assemblies (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Nissan Altima:

Oct 012020

Altima S

I have spent money on new LED bulbs, it does not help. This is a huge safety issue, Nissan needs to do a recall.

- linnan, Crestview, US

Oct 012016

Altima S 2.5L

About two months ago, just after the warranty expired, both of my headlights became very dim. They are so bad that driving at night becomes very dangerous. When exiting freeway off ramps, or going on curves, the high beams must be used to avoid a collision or running off the road.

A Nissan dealer told me it's a problem they have seen before on a few Altimas. They said it's a fogging of the projectors on the headlights and they have no idea why it occurs. It seems to happen at about the 3 to 4 year mark, coincidentally right about the time the warranty expires.

They advised me to contact Nissan and see if they will offer to pay for the repairs. I am not holding my breath and will likely have to forgo the $1200 bill to have headlights.

How can Nissan sell a car with headlights that won't work after a few years. I understand the bulbs need to be changed, but can't they design a housing unit that won't turn cloudy. No upgrades were made to the car, it is as stock as it was the day it rolled off the dealer lot.

- Gregory P., Houston, TX, US

Nov 162014

Altima S 4c

The lights are bad. It is very hard to see going up a hill and/or around a curve. They seem to be shadowed. Hopefully this issue can be permanently fixed.

- Jeff I., London, KY, US