Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Nissan Altima:

Jun 302020

Altima

Driver side rear door wont lock as well as window does not go down all the way.

- Amityville, NY, USA

Feb 102020

Altima

II noticed a weird smell coming from the engine for a about month but didnt think anything of it. I was driving on my way to work when my car started smoking, shut off, and caught on fire! had this car for not even 1 year when this incident happened. Took good care of the car, took it to get oil changes. Not sure how this can randomly happen.

- Maricopa, AZ, USA

Feb 132020

Altima

My car get crazy electrical driving on the highway the transmition sleep alone 5 minuts later car turn on by self like nothing happend when star happend I try to stop the car brake dont work car still runnig only think its work emergency brake.

- New York, NY, USA

Mar 222020

Altima

Push button start fails in driveway

- Madisonville, LA, USA

May 012018

Altima

When vehicles put in reverse and the back up camera is engaged most of the time the screen is very dark you have to put the car into park and then back into reverse again to see. When vehicle is put in reverse and the back up camera is engaged most of the time the screen is very dark you have to put the car into park and then back into reverse again to see. This creates a safety hazard when trying to back up out of tight areas and has happened several times over the last few weeks for

- Pittsfield, MA, USA

Jun 212019

Altima

I have less that 8000 miles on vehicle. IżM a disabled veteran with a service related disability. Iżve had the car maybe two years. I was on the I-12 and the car begin to decelerate off and on and then stalled on me in the middle of the off ramp. I could have been killed or injured. Car still isnt paid off. Iżve read other year modles with same issues and no fixes either help or solve the problem. What or my rights and currently awaiting for dealer to look at car.

- Hammond, LA, USA

Dec 022018

Altima

Since the start of 2018 I have had my car shut off while driving. I have taken it multiple dealerships to help solve this issue. Every time they came back and said that they could not duplicate the problem and nothing could do for me. I have reached out to the manufacture they also said the same thing they could not do anything. This is a huge safety that I stated. This is still under manufacture warranty and they will not do anything.

- Pico Rivera, CA, USA

May 302017

Altima

The right rear window closes very slowly all the time

- Bedford, OH, USA

Aug 102018

Altima

The contact owned a 2017 Nissan Altima. While driving at an unknown speed, the vehicle drifted independently off a cliff and crashed. The contact stated that the brake pedal was depressed, but failed to operate. The contact sustained wrist, back, head, and leg injuries that required medical attention. The contact was unaware if a police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed and towed to a tow lot. The contact notified the dealer (bullock Toyota, (662) 773-6281, 269 N court ave, louisville, ms 39339). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 35,000. The VIN was not provided.

- Louisville, MS, USA

Aug 142018

Altima

My car won't turn on. It keep saying key id incorrect when I push the remote start button. I already replaced my keyless entry key fob battery and still no power in my car not even to open the car. I have to use the manual key to manually open the door to my car. I tried jump starting my car maybe car battery dead I replaced it with a new one still unable to turn my car on. I will have to get it towed to the dealership I have only had it for 10 months and it was with 4 miles so pretty much a brand new car.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jul 062018

Altima

First day of major heat wave. Fire on side of traveled road as traffic starts to move the 2017 Altima 3.5 engine car with anout 9500 miles on it suddenly without any warning looses power and gas peddle has no response. Car felt heavy rolls backwards towards edge as it seemed it had shut down automatically. Try to restart and won't start until 4th try. Still heavy with loss of power. Managed to drive pass the danger area not knowing why a new veichle would shut down without notice. Doing some research now and getting scared.it sounds similar to other Nissan veichle problems.worried this is a dangerous car to drive

- Beaumont, CA, USA

Jul 062018

Altima

Have electrical issues with my vehicle. 1st the windows wouldn't roll down, and now all electrical features on the vehicle doesn't work ( power locks, rear view camera, turning signals, doors dont lock with remote, and car doesnt shift out of park unless I use the shift lock release button). Vehicle was stationary and it happened on July 6 2018

- Valley Stream, NY, USA

Aug 152017

Altima

The contact owns a 2017 Nissan Altima. Six months after the vehicle was purchased, the contact noticed that the electronic onboard display on the instrument panel displayed an inaccurate reading of the fuel mileage per gallon. The display was ten percent more than what the contact was driving and was consistently high. The vehicle was taken to modern Nissan of winston salem (5795 university pkwy, winston-salem, nc 27105, (336) 767-8260) where no diagnostic failure codes were found and the failure could not be duplicated. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer stated that the vehicle was designed in that manner and nothing could be done. An inspector was sent out to test and diagnose the vehicle and confirmed that the reading was inaccurate. The inspector stated that the vehicle was designed that way and no diagnostic failure codes were found. The VIN was unknown. The approximate failure mileage was 3,000.

- Winston-Salem, NC, USA

Jan 042018

Altima

The insulation that wraps the electrical cabling to engine and other working parts to car are wrapped with a corn and soil product and rats ate the inside of my car to the point that the car would not work. It is 5 months old with 7,000 miles.

- Lhp, FL, USA