NISSAN; DIAGNOSIS INFORMATION FOR DTC P161D
When key registration is unsuccessful after BCM replacement, P161D (Immobilizer) will set when the ignition is turned on.
- Improper key registration
- Defective BCM (Vehicles with Intelligent Key only)
- EPS control unit (Vehicles with mechanical key only)
- Intelligent Key unit (Vehicles with mechanical key only)
NOTE: If DTC B2196-52 is stored with P161D, perform the diagnosis procedure for DTC B2196-52 first.
- Before replacing the BCM, confirm that the keys were programmed correctly by ensuring the vehicle will start and that the lock/unlock buttons function normally.
- If any keys do not function normally, re-register all of the keys.
- After re-registering all of the keys, reconfirm each key's function.
- If OK, erase the code to complete the repair.
- If NG, diagnose the Key, BCM and/or EPS control unit per the ESM.