$2,510

Most common solutions:

1. rebuild transmission (2 reports)
  2. replace transmission (2 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Sentra:

Feb 212018

Sentra 2.0L

• CVT transmission

This was the worst!

I was driving at 40 mph and accelerated on a hill... the car did not respond and died in the middle of the street. The transmission failed dramatically and had to tow it to my mechanic shop. In the dealership they will charge $4000 for the work... so I had to use an outsourced mechanic.

I used to love my Nissan Sentra, but know I am just thinking on how can I get rid of it!

- Miguel S. M., Panama City, Panama

Feb 052018

Sentra

Nissan IS A JOKE. My car has 71,000 miles on it, and it's 11 years old. It's been maintained perfectly. And then this. I had to have the transmission rebuilt. Nissan was ZERO help, as always. They send you generic generated emails to try and soothe you, instead of addressing the problem! I WILL NEVER purchase another Nissan, ever.

- Stephanie B., Auburndale, US

Oct 202015

Sentra

It's frustrating being a single female and you maintain the car. And then you are happily driving along and the car starts jerking and refuses to move forward or backwards@@@

- Stacey H., Smyrna, GA, US

Sep 262015

• CVT transmission

Transmission issue. Same complaint as other drivers - I was driving about 60 miles per hour and started accelerating to go little faster. The car would not budge about 20 mins later it slowed down to a complete stop. I had to have it towed to a Nissan dealership where they told me the car's transmission fried. Apparently 2007 Nissan Sentras had big transmission issues. So here I am pissed off - waiting to see if my transmission is covered under the extended warranty.

- Jose R., Peoria, AZ, US

Jul 242013

Sentra ES 4 cyl 2.0L

The first transmission failure happened at 98,000 miles. The transmission was fixed under warranty. Then at 125,000 miles the transmission failed again. This car sees nothing but highway driving, no stop and go traffic. I called Nissan to help fix the problem being that the second transmission was 5,000 miles over the warranty. Nissan approved the work and then once I tried having the dealership submit the paperwork and the claim was denied. It took Nissan over a week to come to this determination of denying my claim. The second transmission should have only lasted me 25,000 miles. I am truly pissed off at their customer service and the situation they have placed me into. I now have to pay to tow the vehicle again back to my home to see what to do. Their quality sucks as much as their customer service. Their response was that their customer service representative misinformed me. REALLY!!!!!!!!! I am now more than a week without a car and a resolution. Their product is crap and I will never again buy a Nissan and will be an advocate to making sure anyone within my circle, blogs and entire corporation (Samsung) never buy a Nissan until the day I die. Quality should be their number one concern and they are no where near what it should be. I am a Senior Marketing Director and I know how to get the word out. Their incompetence will cost them thousands but that is just pennies to them. FREEDOM!!! I mean FU NISSAN!!!!!

- fenner, Thiells, NY, US