8.0

$3,540

Most common solutions:

1. replace transmission (14 reports)
  2. the transmission was replaced (8 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Nissan Sentra:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.

Nov 122017

Sentra SV

• CVT transmission

CVT transmission has been slipping intermittently since probably around 70,000 miles. Dealer diagnosed that transmission needed to have sub-assembly and control valve replaced at an estimate of $3,254.69. Declined repair at this time.

- Tobbie C., Lowell, MA, US

Sep 202017

Sentra SV 4.0L

I BOUGHT THREE OF THE SAME MODEL OF NISSAN LAST YEAR APRIL 2016 BRAND NEW FROM AUTHORIZED DEALER. ALL THREE CARS STARTED SHOWING SIGNS OF TRANSMISSION FAILURE AFTER 6 MONTHS OF PURCHASE.

AT PRESENT, ONE OF THE TRANSMISSIONS IS COMPLETELY OUT, NOT FUNCTIONING AND UNDRIVABLE,WHILE THE REMAINING TWO HAD SHOWN SIGNS OF TRANSMISSION FAILURES. BOTH CARS COULD LOSE THEIR TRANSMISSION ANY MOMENT FROM NOW.

- bodlong, Middle River, US

Mar 012016

Sentra

This only happens when iI am driving 70-80 on the highways and turnpike never in town.

It started just pulsating off and on now after about 25 to 30 mins into my drive the RPM's jump between 3-4 and pulsates it is keeping my motor ribbed up and if i am going up any slight of a hill i loose mph while the RPMS are setting at 4. i used a full tank of gas going from McAlester, Ok to Tulsa, Ok and back. There is clearly something wrong but every time i take it to the car dealer they say unless it throws a code they cant do anything about it meanwhile i am still having to make trips to Tulsa to doc appts ones a week and hope I don't end up broke down on side of the road with a car that is only 2 years old.

I wish they made cars like they use to and then they would be worth what you pay for them these days

- sabrnajw69sw, McAlester, US

Aug 152017

Sentra SR 4 cyl

• CVT transmission

My wife was driving the car to the gym. She called to let me know the car was revving up and down and was a bit shaky. She parked the car and when she began driving a hour later, the car ran fine. That was, until she was about to get on the highway. She called me to say she pulled over to the shoulder because the car had no power. I drove to meet her. The engine malfunction light was on. I started the car and was able to drive it to a parking lot. However, when I was driving, the car barley had any power. I could hardly get up a slight incline. The gear selector was in D and it started slipping before I could get to the parking lot. I shifted it to L and was able to eek along very slowly till I parked the car.

I'm getting the car towed to the Nissan dealer we bought it from. More information later.

Update from Sep 1, 2017: The transmission was diagnosed and deemed to require replacement. Fortunately, due to an error in ordering someone else's transmission, mine was delivered in two days and installed in 4. So, I was able to get the car running withing a week.

Here's the thing. The experience with Nissan was just about as perfect as a customer experience could be in this situation. They towed my car to the dealer using the Nissan road hazard protection, which was still in effect. Then, no questions asked, they offered to replace the transmission. They were polite and very efficient. So, what this tells me is that they know they have issues and maybe a great customer experience can smooth over a bad product.

I plan to sell the car and look around for a new one that has a great reputation.

- Ken T., Lebanon, US

Jun 172017

Sentra S 4 cyl

• CVT transmission

I begin to notice the rpm meter jumping up&down, then the car begin to jerk and shake. As I was driving on the highway, it seem to loose power, and would not move when giving it gas. It begin to slowly move, and I was able to get to safety and have it towed. I had it checked and was given a code 2859, and after having another mechanic look at it, I was told that it's gone...(GONE),the transmission has FAILED and need to be replaced.

Basically this CVT system that has been put in these cars aren't worth...well I'll leave it at that. So sense there's been this problem for so long,I can only wonder,WHY are they still doing this,and not changing it.

I for sure Will Never Recommend this or any Nissan and I'm going to MAKE NOISE til sleep is lost. I can't understand this Crap of a Make,installing a system that doesn't live up to the test,even at 50k,it can do the same thing,not to mention,the air bag system had to be replaced as a recall and to me,still see the same issue.

I leased this car and was told by the dealer they can't help me cause it has to be No More Than 60k in miles....WTH.....Now I'm ready to pursue legal counsel seeing this is something that should Never Have been to Continue with the system they're using.....so I'm out of a vehicle to work Right Now....I can say more,but at this time,I'll hold off!!!!!

- Donnell W., Frederick, US

Aug 082016

Sentra

I've only had "brand new" car for a year,it jolts,it shakes, I almost got hit by a car TWICE due to the problem with the transmission.one shouldn't have to deal with this with a brand new car

- Sandra L., South Gate, CA, US