8.7

Most common solutions:

2. replace cvt (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Nissan Sentra:

Feb 022022

Sentra SV 1.6L

I tried to repair the issue with the transmission, and after spending over $2000.00, the car is still sitting in my driveway.

- Jacqueline C., miramar, FL, US

Sep 292021

Sentra SV 3.2lV6

• CVT transmission

Now I can’t get back and forth to work. This has caused a big problem for me because the warranty has expired. I cannot afford to fix this problem. I am still paying off the loan. I don’t know what to do. Help me please. I have no transportation now.

- Joanna L., Atascadero, California , US

Oct 132020

Sentra SV 1.8L

• CVT transmission

Right around 45000 miles I noticed that my car started to shake and jerk. I had it to a few dealers who could not replicate the problem. Right at 50000 it started to stumble and shake at around 20 MPH and would not accelerate properly. The dealership diagnosed it as a faulty brake light switch and replaced it. The car continued to jerk, shake, and jolt especially in hot temperatures.

The CVT continued to act up randomly until about 64000 miles, I had to make a 1200 mile trip and on the way home in the West Virginia Mountains the RPM shot up to red line, the car would not go above 60 MPH and there was a terrible whine coming from the transmission. The vehicle was taken to Nissan again where the test drive found no CVT issues.

I was advised to drive the vehicle and film the issue I was experiencing, I was able to get several clips of the CVT jerking and shuddering. Later the same week I returned to Nissan and left the car with them, they provided a rental vehicle. The CVT did in fact shudder for them finally and it was determined that I needed a new CVT. Thankfully I had an extended warranty that covered all but $190 of the replacement transmission. The new CVT has gone about 12000 miles with no issues at all.

- Austin P., Spring Creek, PA, US