9.0

Most common solutions:

2. replace engine (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Nissan Titan:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.

Dec 182020

Titan XD-SV V8

On 12/18 while traveling home loss power, no acceleration, luckily I was near a gas station, and was able to coast out of traffic into the gas station parking lot. I shut off the vehicle engine for a few minutes, and upon restarting the vehicle power was restored, but the check engine light stayed on. Lost of power almost caused an accident.

- Teria W., Spring, US

Mar 032018

Titan XD Reserve 5.0L Cummins Diesel

This is unbelievable! I was driving the vehicle to a local Home Depot when the vehicle jerked a few times. It seemed to have smoothed out after that. I continued about 1/8th of a mile into the parking lot when it jerked again. This time the engine stopped short. I tried to restart it, but it cranked like the batteries were dead. They were not. I paid to have it towed to the local dealership.

I called on Monday and they told me they hadn't had a chance to look at it. I called on Tuesday and they told me that they were still diagnosing the problem. When I called on Wednesday, the service manager spoke with me and told me that the crankshaft had broke and spun in the block tearing up the internals of the block. I have NEVER heard of a crankshaft breaking! They are in the process of acquiring a long block from Nissan. I hope this works out. I will repost.

Also, I know I am only supposed to post 1 issue at a time. But, this occurred simultaneously. When it was towed in, the dealer told me there were 3 open recalls on the vehicle. I received one. This one was for a problem with a rear seatbelt. I hadn't brought it in yet for the repair. I had it for about 1.5 weeks.

Update from Mar 26, 2018: It took a while but, I got my Titan back last Thursday. They replaced the engine with a new long block. (Heads, block, internals etc..) This engine runs like the original never did. I am very happy so far. No turbo lag! Much quieter. It seems Nissan and Cummins stepped up to the plate on this repair. There was also a recall on the tool boxes in the bed. They replace both boxes.

- Ken D., Morris Plains, NJ, US