8.5

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Nissan Titan:

Jul 262021

Titan

1.The Engine Sub-Harness Assembly failed; melted, I feel due to the engine heat, because this harness insulation is not heat rated and melted off the wire. 2.The dashboard engine light came on and would not go off. 3.The Robbins Nissan Dealership I took my truck to in Humble, Tx. 77338 lied and said this failure was caused by rodent damage; which I know for a fact that my garage is very clean and I've never even seen any signs of rodents. 4.I first noticed a problem approximately in June of 2021 when the dashboard engine light came on and never went off. 5.By this dealership blaming it on rodent damage, this defective harness was not covered by the Nissan North America, Inc. Warranty, so I was charged $1,522.14 for this repair.

- Humble, TX, USA

Jul 262021

- Humble, TX, USA

May 012021

Titan

while I'm driving my truck, it has a Cummins Diesel engine, at certain times I guess that the engine goes through a regen process, when it odes this process then the cab is filled with noxious gases. This process last a few minutes and causes you to lower the windows to get rid of the toxic gases. I reported it to my Nissan Dealer twice when I took it in for it's service, they acted like they had never heard about it before and told me that there was no issue with my truck. that I had to drive it more to get it to stop ding it. Is this normal or are we being poisoned or getting cancer from these events?

- Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD, USA

Feb 052021

Titan

My 2018 Nissan Titan started making a knocking sound in the engine. I have 28000 miles on the truck the noise has gotten louder in the last 6,000 miles. The dealership keeps telling me it's normal. There is no way it's normal. This has been a ongoing problem with the 2nd generation Titan

- Fairmont, WV, USA

Dec 272019

Titan

1. the vehicle had to be braked hard on the highway to avoid a car that failed to yield while merging. The other vehicle then braked hard and I attempted to accelerate to get in front but the vehicle would not respond to the gas pedal. The engine did not shut off, but the truck would not rev the RPM's or have any response to the gas pedal for about 3 seconds. Luckily a collision did not occur. 2. while taking a right hand turn onto a steep incline drive from a highway the truck once again would not respond to the gas pedal. The truck was just sitting on the incline for about three seconds before it responded to the gas pedal and climbed the hill. There was a vehicle following behind into the drive and had to stop to avoid colliding into my rear end as the truck would not go for a few seconds. I am not exactly sure how to describe these two incidents other than it is a "dead pedal" for several seconds when propulsion is truly needed

- Gorham, NH, USA

Apr 192019

Titan

I purchased the vehicle new in July 2018. When the engine started making a knocking sound I took it to a Nissan dealer ship to be diagnosed. I was told "they were aware of issues with some of these engines and 2 other vechicles have already required the motors be replaced by their service department. I decided to get a second opinion so I went to another Nissan dealer. This dealership confirmed that they have a factory notice stating there are issues with this motor. The dealership is tellling me they can not perform the factory required test for three weeks and if it is determined it is a defective engine it will be another 3 to 4 weeks until the engine can be replaced. In the mean time I am still driving the vehicle. In the event that this engine fails at a high rate of speed there is a potential for loss of steering and loss of brakes. Currently there have not been any recalls or notices sent out to the consumer and from what I am told it is unknown how many of these vehicles are defective and currently on the road.

- Clinton, NY, USA

Mar 192019

Titan

When flooring the accelerator pedal (as to pull out on entrance ramp) it has diesel lag response (just take a few seconds to accelerate) and also transmission has shifting issues during this time. Sometimes intermittent I had a near miss experience when this happened to me I was pulling out onto the highway from the entrance ramp..

- Steelton, PA, USA

Aug 162018

Titan

Truck has bad hesitation when automatic transmission is shifting from gear to gear and the rpms fluctuate badly. No low end power. This condition is worse when towing. Dealer said they all do this. I have owned 4 Titans including my 2018 none of my other trucks did this. Wish I didn't trade in my 2013

- Frankfort, NY, USA

Apr 242018

Titan

In a rolling stop vehicle hesitates/lags/stalls 2nd visit they did a software up grade problem still continues not fix was told takes 2000 miles for truck to get used to new software now at 11000 miles same issue

- El Mirage, AZ, USA

May 242018

Titan

My job requires me to travel a lot and in doing so when I'm either merging onto the interstate or needing to pull out at intersections from a dead stop. It's as tho my truck stalls and my throttle response goes dead. Leaving the other cars do come close in rear ending me. It's scary especially when I have my wife along with my three kids ranging from 8 to 12 months of age.

- Lafayette, LA, USA