8.0

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Nissan Titan:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.

Oct 312018

Titan XD 5.0L Cummins

Check engine light came on and truck was running terrible - it was time for the second service anyway. Dealer said that because I didn't change both fuel filters at 10k that the fuel pump went out and I was going to have to pay for it and 2 new fuel filters. When I questioned the dealer on their diagnosis, the liar service writer stated that the best diesel tech they have told her that the fuel filters were plugged up and caused the pump failure. I immediately called the service manager over and requested face to face with their tech - When I questioned the tech on his method of determining the flow rate of BOTH fuel filters he replied that he did not do that and in fact had no idea whether the fuel filters were restricted at all - he said that he was recommending services as prescribed by NISSAN tech help line based on a code that the truck had. There was some back pedaling and then the dealer writer and service manager said that I still needed to pay for the filters because they are required to be replaced every 10k ..... I asked them very politely if they followed the recommended services when performing routine maintenance, they said "of course we do" - well then why didn't you do the filters (or at least recommend them) when my truck was in here for the 10k service? No good answer and they covered the repair. 600 miles later the new fuel pump started to whine...took it to them and they said that they could not hear it. So I drove it another 8k and the noise progressively got worse-this time when I took it in, they admitted hearing the noise and told me that the fuel pump was starving and the fuel filters needed to be replaced every 10k miles to prevent this. Crazy!!!! Absolutely F'n CRAZY. My other diesel trucks are FORD and I have never had any kind of service issues like I do with this TITAN! I'm going back to FORD - never should have strayed.

- Eric H., Cumming, GA, US