7.0

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Ram 1500:

Aug 182021

1500 4x4 3.2L

click to see larger images

uconnect screen separating from unit

This is extremely distracting while driving! The constant "clock change" flickering and beeping prevents use of the console and is on the edge of a safety issue. Very disappointing that there is no advice or offering of resolution from RAM company. I know I could replace the radio for >$1,000 but it is a common defect in the unit.... for the replacement cost, there is a significant risk of the problem happening with the new unit.

I'd rather just replace the touch screen but I need information on where to locate a replacement part. Any advice?

- Glenn R., Gibsonville, NC, US

Jun 012021

1500 Sport 5.7L

Have a 2018 Ram 1500 only 3 years old...! Had to have manifold bolts replace this year for $900. I was old this happens on RAMs and the company knows it. No resolution just pay up!!! Now recently my dashboard screen, radio, GPS, etc... is separating from the unit. Almost like a screen protector on a cell phone. Plus it is now almost unusable because the touch screen is on the fritz. The screen is malfunctioning. Dealer said, "It happens in the heat in Texas, you will need a new one for $1500". Again, told it happens on RAMs, the company knows it but no fix in the works. Cant use the radio, GPS or the A/C controls!!! You have to pay up!!!

A 3-year old truck. Had to put on bolts and now a new dashboard screen. RAM is aware of problem but not providing any resolution. I could see if this was customer created damage BUT all the dealers say that this happens a lot. Just pay up and we will fix it!!!

I'm just about ready to sell it and go a different direction than a RAM.

- David S., Sachse, US