8.4

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2021 Ram 1500:

Aug 142022

1500

While driving the vehicle multiple times the engine has completely shut off and had zero power. The most recent time was traveling down the freeway at the speed limit and the vehicle shut off and lost all power steering.

- Menifee, CA, USA

Jul 252022

1500

This vehicle has an issue where it will stall. While making a right hand turn about 5 to 8 miles an hour onto a side street near my home the vehicle just shut off and rolled to a stop. It put itself in park and the auto e-brake engaged. At that point the dash info center said to shift into park and release the emergency brake. It started up and I was able to continue. I have also noticed that sometimes during a turn the truck almost stalled but recovered, You could see the rpms drop down to almost 0 but it recovered on its own. This has happened a few times. It is just not safe. 62k for an unsafe truck.

- Seekonk, MA, USA

Jul 162022

1500

Have a exhaust leak during start up ticking really bad... exhaust is coming inside cab with ac on. This truck only has 36000 miles and has already had several issues with this trucks electrical system and now this exhaust issue

- Pekin, IL, USA

Jul 262022

1500

Fuel is pouring out of the lines onto the engine. Not just a leak, but flowing out. This could cause my engine to catch fire.

- Hawthorne, CA, USA

Jul 102022

1500

My truck just stalls while driving. It's happened several times but yesterday was the scariest. I turned left onto a fairly busy road only to notice I had a message on the screen to turn on the truck. Since we were rolling at 3-4mph, I switch into neutral and hit the start button which started the engine. At the next red light, the engine turned off and the emergency brake applied itself. The car behind me almost hit us because we were parked at a green light now. I quickly got it started and pulled over. There were no warning lights or messages. The dealer doesn't know what the issue is. Truthfully I'm a little concerned with my families safety while driving this truck.

- Augusta, GA, USA

Jun 252022

1500

Engine shuts off while driving 30-35 mph and automatically applies emergency brake

- Louisville , KY, USA

Jun 222022

1500

I made a right hand turn from a stop sign onto an active roadway when my truck-€™s engine shut off. The truck rolled to a stop and the dial shifter automatically changed to park and engaged the e-brake. No warning lights were triggered in the dash. Research suggests this is an apparent problem with the 5.7l e-torque engine, however, no information is available from FCA/Ram

- Point Of Rocks, MD, USA

Jun 212022

1500

I was driving to work and made a right turn (I did not come to a complete stop). As I finished the turn, maybe going 5-7 MPH, I pressed on the gas pedal to accelerate and the truck did not respond. A second later the truck turned off and the parking brake automatically engaged, so I came to a complete stop in the middle of a road with other vehicles around me. I had to put the truck back into park, start the truck, and disengage the parking brake, and then was able to continue my trip to work. There were no Check Engine Lights on before or after it happened. I spoke to the local Ram and multiple other dealerships further away and they said they haven't heard of this happening to any other Rams, and just to watch it and if it continues to happen call them back. A quick google search will show that it happens frequently to other people over the last year or so, some of which are at highway speeds, which is very dangerous. I am fortunate this was at low speed, because your parking brake engaging at highway speeds could obviously be catastrophic.

- Windber, PA, USA

May 162022

1500

The contact owns a 2021 Ram 1500. The contact stated while making a right turn the vehicle shut off and independently shifted into park(P). The vehicle was restarted. The vehicle was taken to the dealer however, the mechanic was unable to duplicate the failure. The key fob was replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted and the contact filed a complaint. The failure mileage was 15,319.

- Pasadena, MD, USA

Sep 012021

1500

The truck Shut down while driving 5 different times asking to be placed in Park. This creates a hazard as it stops in traffic. The truck restarts and resumes normal operation after these incidents.

- Marathon, FL, USA

May 252022

1500

While driving at slower speeds, the truck unexpectedly stalled and emergency brake engaged. The car behind us had to slam on their brakes due to the unexpected stop. There were no prior warning lights, messages, or symptoms prior to the failure.

- Quinton, VA, USA

May 062022

1500

2021 Dodge Ram Big Horn purchased at Golling Chrysler in Michigan, you know the auto capital of America. It has been in the shop four or five times in the past year (well over 30 days in shop) for the identical problem, slams on brakes for no reason - I named my truck, -€œdeath trap-€! This problem has occurred on at least seven occasions and my dealer representative admonishes me for being annoyed with them that they can-€™t find the problem, since in their words, -€œit only happened seven times-€œ. You might wonder why it-€™s been named death trap" Well, when your truck is driving normally, and then it stops, slams on the brakes, practically gives you whiplash, your chest is squeezed by the seat belt, and you-€™re stranded in the middle of an intersection or an entrance on a multi lane highway, or out of a parking lot, and you have no way to make it go until you have to sit for two or three minutes pushing buttons resetting restarting, its earned the name -€œdeath trap-€. I am one of many many owners with this identical problem. Golling Chrysler seems to think it-€™s OK to keep sending me home in a death trap. Workers have mocked me, insulted me, and endangered me. I had to resort to calling Chrysler Corporation and now I have a case!!?. Didn-€™t take long, within five minutes of telling my story to the Chrysler representative my case was put into escalation mode and they actually used the word -€œbuyback-€. What are they going to do after they buy it back from me, sell it to some poor other victim that won-€™t know the difference" Chrysler time to admit, uncover, and rectify this problem before my death trap and those others out there actually cause a fatal accident. Listen to your customers and read all the complaints on this site that are exactly the same as mine. Better yet, take my truck, give it to your spouse, child or someone you love and then see how you feel about a truck that slams on the brakes for no known reason! I-€™m tired of being a sitting duck in this death trap!

- Howell, MI, USA

May 122022

1500

Vehicle randomly stalls while driving. Occasionally will also deploy emergency brake when it stalls

- Woodward, OK, USA

Apr 182022

1500

At the time of accelerating the engine of the RAM truck, a fault occurs which does not allow the vehicle to work at the capacity it should. the engine begins to make some vibrations which are felt throughout the vehicle.

- Gurabo, PR, USA

May 072022

1500

The contact owns a 2021 Ram 1500. The contact stated that while driving at low speeds and making a turn, the vehicle stalled. There were no warning lights illuminated. The contact called the local dealer however, the vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 31,000.

- Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

May 082022

1500

My truck has stalled multiple times upon the first 5 minutes of driving. It has always been at low speeds of less than 15mph. Once the emergency braking system came on which required me to put vehicle in park to restart while in the middle of the road in traffic. Sometimes the engine dies after turning but sometime when going straight. Seems to always be associated with a slow down / stop via braking. This is a very hazardous situation that needs to be recalled an fix by the manufacturer.

- Houston, TX, USA

Apr 012022

1500

The vehicle shut off while in motion, slammed itself into park also while in motion, and applied the emergency brake in the middle of a busy intersection. It is currently at the dealership where they can find nothing wrong

- Milton, FL, USA

May 042022

1500

The parking brake started displaying not available on the heads up display. It did this several times within 5 minutes. When I was coming to a stop at around 5 mph the vehicle shifted into Park and set the parking brake and stopped. The engine stopped as well. I had to restart the vehicle to get it going and the check engine light was on after that.

- Riverside, CA, USA

Apr 212022

1500

In July-2021 soon after purchasing Ram truck with EcoTec V8, I was slowing down to enter a driveway, at very slow speed of 2-3 mph and turning right and the truck stopped and shut the engine off. There was a car behind me that had to stop to avoid me. Then in April-2022 when slowing down in a residential neighborhood to make a left turn the truck abruptly stopped again, and shut off the engine. Some sort of error message flashed about Auto Braking disabled. This was in the middle of a roadway and both times could have caused significant accidents. It has not been confirmed by a dealer. There are Ram owner forums that talk about this issue at length and most end with the dealers dismissing the issue because they can't reproduce it but it is a very serious safety issue that appears to be affecting at least the 2020-2021 EcoTec mild hybrid V8 engine.

- Gainesville, FL, USA

Apr 302022

1500

I was coasting to a stoplight to make a right turn. Just as I am starting the turn the truck's engine shuts off. I have enough energy to make the turn and coast to a stop. I put the truck in park and started it back up. It was a busy intersection so luckily I had enough time to get out of the way, otherwise, this could have caused an accident. There were not any mechanical issues or warning lamps/indications before the truck shut off.

- Chatsworth, CA, USA