$0

Most common solutions:

2. replace windshield (1 reports)
  3. windshield replaced under warranty (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2019 Subaru Forester:

Mar 312020

Forester Limited 4 cyl

• CVT transmission

Driving and heard a small tap on the windshield. A crack appeared which is 22 inches.

Apparently, paper thin glass !!

- Don H., Mission Viejo, US

Mar 142019

Forester Limited 2.5L

• CVT transmission

The 2019 Subaru Forester was less than a week old. I was driving down the road, no one or nothing near me, and I heard a pop. I then saw the crack in the windshield. There was not the "circle" or other damaged areas. I found other reports of windshield issues, took the information to the dealer, and they reluctantly replaced the windshield. They said Subaru covered the cost as a "good faith" courtesy.

- Connie M., Nokomis, US

Dec 132019

Forester Sport

• CVT transmission

click to see larger images

windshield cracked

4th time is the charm, after warming my car up I'm backing up my driveway and hear the traditional click..that's when I cringed and looked at the passenger side of the windshield and sure enough there it is a 16" crack and this time it will need to be replaced (see photo). there is no way you can tell me that this windshield is/was not defective from the factory, after 3 previous chips I no longer believe it is bad luck. I'm afraid to call Subaru after the last adventure calling them, so I guess I will have to pony up and pay for a new one which I estimate will cost about $600.00.

Update from Mar 10, 2020: I wish to thank Subaru for replacing my windshield under warranty and even providing a rental. Great to see a company stands by its product, no wonder they can't build them fast enough my 2nd in 3 years.

- Bruce C., Tunkhannock, US