6.7

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2019 Subaru Outback:

Mar 062021

Outback Touring 2.5L

The steering is a problem. It pulls and when you fix it, there is play in the wheel .You can not relax driving. I pray there is not a bad accident

- Regina V., Rhinebeck, US

Feb 072019

Outback 4

I was looking forward to this new fleet provided car, but after I picked this brand new 2019 car up from the delivering dealer and driving it home about 30 miles I noticed the steering control was erratic, would pull me out of my lane and at times I could not feel the steering wheel control for a few seconds. It would swerve and there was a severe over-steer.

Not having had an all wheel drive car before I thought maybe it was particular to the drive wheel mechanism switching from wheel to wheel but it was scary and I felt I was going to loose control at any time (very unnerving and disconcerting) I've had the car two weeks now and after going on-line I see that there have been reported complaints so I am going to take to a local dealer and have the steering checked out. I have driven dozens of vehicles including 4 wheel drive but never have I driven such an erratic and unpredictable car!

- Dave G., Beaumont, CA, US

Jan 122019

Outback 2.5L

• CVT transmission

The steering wheel can turn suddenly to the right, sometimes left and if you are not holding on with both hands it can steer itself off the road. Feels like old rack and pinion without power steering, but at 50 mph is scary. The lane assist warning is not part of the problem - lane warning light/sound occurs without steering problem and vice versa.

- Kevin C., Elkins, WV, US