6.7

Most common solutions:

1. extended warranty replacement (1 reports)
  2. insurance claim to replace windshield (1 reports)
  3. manufacturer will replace windshield free of charge (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2020 Subaru Outback:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Subaru dealer.

May 252021

Outback Limited 2.5L

• CVT transmission

click to see larger images

windshield cracked windshield cracked windshield cracked

While driving a 75 MPH, we heard a loud cracking sound, and the windshield cracked from bottom left, upward, and across the center of the windshield. We were unaware of anything hitting the windshield, as there was no traffic. Brought the car to the Subaru dealership we bought it from, the service manager took a look, said rock hit, no warranty, and wouldn't speak to us after that.

Update from May 29, 2021: I contacted Subaru USA after I filed the complaint. The windshield will be replaced free of charge.

- Charles S., Montgomery, LA, US

Apr 112020

Outback Limited 4 Cyl

• CVT transmission

The car was hit with a tiny pebble kicked up from the road by a car, no visible marks on windshield. 8 hours later I came out to find my windshield had cracked into an S shaped crack that extended across 3/4th of the windshield. This should not have happened.

Why in the world does it cost thousands to replace a windshield. Yes I know all the special features this vehicle supposedly comes with but really. $2500 was the quote, luckily I had purchased the extended warranty for windshields. Outrageous charges for inferior windshields. Just read the hundreds of posts.

Subaru makes sh*tty windshields! PERIOD! And requires you to replace with OEM but can't warranty it. Nope, not going to take this lightly. If I hadn't have purchased the extended warranty for window coverage, I would have been out Big Bucks on a brand new car.

- Karen G., Broken Arrow, US

May 302020

Outback Limited 2.5L

• CVT transmission

Took new car for a drive within the first 24 hours of owning it and windshield cracked. Glad I didn’t spring for extra warranties that WOULDN’T have covered the replacement. First insurance claim and deductible made. On top of it, Safelite doesn’t have the programming for 2020 models, yet, so I have to pay out of pocket for Eyesight recalibration at the dealership.

- Gwynn L., Laramie, WY, US