Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Camry:

Jan 012019

Camry

I can not see well because the dash shinya, it is melting and sticky. oil consumption with my Camry 2007 I need always check the oil every single week

- Henrico , VA, USA

Jul 102018

Camry

Dashboard is too reflective, has melted and is incredibly sticky. This has resulted in a glare off the windshield that shines back into the drivers eyes and compromises visibility.

- Moorpark, CA, USA

Nov 082021

Camry

I'm submitting this, as I've been dismissed by Toyota Corporation with my concerns. I purchased this car from an individual. I did not realize the magnitude of visibility issue with the glare from the dash. I asked at the time about the shiny and sticky dash, and the owner stated that year of Toyota Camry had defective dash that melted, therefor the issue. When I'm driving, the glare causes me not to be able to see clearly. I called Toyota Corporate office and was told it's not a safety issue although I explained in detail about the serious visual problem. Because the previous owner did not take care of the recall on this, I was told it's expired and nothing they will do. I told the man that it shouldn't have an expiration as it truly is a safety hazard! The glare was really bad one day that I couldn't see the traffic lights, etc. without leaning down and over to the middle. I realize I purchased this car used, however Toyota should honor the safety issue recall no matter when. The dash obviously was a major defect! I was told I could buy a carpet piece to go over it, which I do not want to do. I should not have to alter the interior look, plus I think it's totally tacky! Please let me know if there is anything you can do to help me get this dash replaced by Toyota. I couldn't upload video as the file is too large. The pictures give you somewhat of an idea of the safety issue. Thank you for your time!

- Topeka, KS, USA

Dec 102021

Camry

The front dash assembly is melted over time and is so bad I cannot see out the front windshield. I told the dealership that I believe this was a recall and they said it was but that the specific job for that expired ? I didn-€™t know recalls expired. They are willing to fix the current situation with the current system failure of the over heating window switches but a major problem is the visibility up front. I have to wear sun glasses just to see through that horrible glare from the melted dashboard. Also not sure if their is any suspension issues with my 2007 Toyota Camry. The steering wheel shakes some and I-€™ve purchased new tires wheels and some rotation balance and alignment and no additional work or parts where needed to fix that problem. The alignment did reduce some steering wheel shaking but it-€™s getting worse again. Any help would be appreciated and if we could get the Dealership to fix the front dashboard that would be phenomenal. Thank you.

- Bryan, TX, USA

May 012021

Camry

Toyota Camry 2007 has a sticky or melting dashboard issue and is impacting visibility when driving in sun. The dashboard shines and reflects on the windshield and impairs visibility. Toyota says their extended warranty to fix this issue is over however the vehicle has been serviced at dealerships multiple times and never was the recall / safety issue was reported to me. I would appreciate if someone can contact Toyota and ask them to fix the issue for vehicles that are still on the roads especially in the south where is blazing hot.

- Plano, TX, USA

Jun 172021

Camry

Drivers side sunvisor failed and broke off while driving. Visor fell thru drivers field of vision and distracted driver.

- Keuterville, ID, USA

Jun 212017

Camry

The dashboard melts. I went to toyota representatives many time and they didn-€™t help. It is really dangerous when the reflection of the melted dashboard blinds the driver.

- Addison , TX, USA

Dec 102020

Camry

Dash is cracked, sticky, and melts in the heat. Makes the dash surface shiny & reflective - hard to see in sunny conditions. This is obviously a manufacturers' defect due to cheap plastic being used.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Nov 012020

Camry

Driver's side front sun visor does not stay in the upright stowed position. It droops down and obstructs visibility while driving.

- Solana Beach, CA, USA

Dec 262020

Camry

Driver side visor flaps down to forehead level when stationary. Flaps down pointing down when in motion going over bump. Visor does not stay tucked in its stow away position. Caused injury to right temple getting into the car. Caused forehead injury at a sudden stop. Dealt we refused to replace or repair. Toyota claims the the recall ended in 2018 so the part is not eligible for replacement.

- Flower Mound, TX, USA

Aug 052017

Camry

There was a recall on dashboard on my vehicle and Toyota won't replace the dash now because they say that the replacement period is over now however I'm military and this happened when I was deploy. I have tried calling them however they don't have any answers for me. Thanks so much for your help.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Jun 082016

Camry 4-cyl

The driver side sun visor will not stay up. This part was recalled, but when I tried to get it replaced because I'd already paid to have the passenger side replaced, service folks said it wasn't defective (and it wasn't at the time). Then around 2016 the visor started not going to the roof and would hang down slightly. Over the course F the next two years it got to where it was blocking my view. Toyota said the recall had expired so I had to remove the visor. Now I have trouble if I'm driving into the sun. Frustrating part is that had they done it when I asked originally I wouldn't be in this circumstance.

- Marietta, GA, USA

May 312020

Camry 4-cyl

I just bought this Toyota Camry and didn't realize until after that the dashboard is very sticky and gets really shiney as the temperature rises. This causes a glare on the windshield. After researching I found out that Toyota issued a extended warranty. However they said that it expired on 5/31/17 and they cant do anything. This is a safety issue and I believe that it should be recalled and they should replace the dashboard. The car only has 68370 miles and has a long life. I do feel that my life is in danger with this known problem that they don't want to fix. Please help!!!!! this issue is all of the time.

- Belford, NJ, USA

Dec 022019

Camry

The melting dashboard which causes a shine which reflects into drivers vision is a danger!!!! the fact that Toyota allows this to go on, and does not remedy it for those that (for whatever reason) missed the notices sent out is a disgrace, and a danger to not only the driver, but everyone on the road!! how many people are still driving cars with this issue?? these are accidents just waiting to happen! my mother's car dashboard did not begin to "melt" until after the notices were sent, so she didn't think there was an issue with hers....surprise!!! it has now been going on for about 3 years or more. Toyota only wants customer to pay for repair out of pocket. This will be the last Toyota in our family!

- North Hollywood, CA, USA

Jul 012018

Camry

Melting dashboard, sticky shiny and creates glare on windshield that is unsafe.

- Glendale, CA, USA

Nov 172017

Camry

The melting dashboard is causing tremendous glare from sun causing a safety hazard. Toyota is aware and had a voluntary recall, but I did not get the letter. When I found out about the recall, I thought date of first use was when I began driving the car, it is not. The secondary coverage for 10 years after date of first use was 8/3/17. I called Toyota on 11/17/17 and they said too late. I went to Toyota and called corporate on 5-30-18, but they would do nothing. I use a sunshield and car is mostly garaged, but it is the Texas heat causing it, and I can't stop it. I recently saw this problem on the news with Nissan and Toyota and how dangerous it is. This is why I am not filing this report.

- Richardson, TX, USA

Sep 152019

Camry

Sun visor (passenger side) has rotated slowly downward blocking my view of the road. Apparently the spring tension mechanism failed causing the visor to hang downward obstructing my view of the road. Note: The sun visor and sun visor bracket was previously involved in a Toyota warranty enhancement notice involving this same vehicle.

- Levittown, PA, USA

Sep 022019

Camry

The sun visor dropped, blinding my sight while driving. This is dangerous and a clear safety issue. Toyota had previously issued a warranty enhancement, but had said at the time that if the issue has not yet appeared, we should not do anything. Now that the warranty enhancement period has expired, they are not prepared to do anything. This is a clear safety concern. A recall is warranted. Not only is visibility severely impaired while driving, but also removing the visor exposes the driver to strong sun glares that make it difficult to drive safely.

- Bethesda, MD, USA

Mar 012014

Camry

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that the dashboard was melting and affected the contact's visibility. The vehicle was taken to Toyota of hollywood (1841 N state road 7, hollywood, fl 33021, 855-472-9747) where the dashboard was replaced. The contact was charged a $250 service fee for the labor required for the repair. After the dashboard was replaced, the contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 15V689000 (visibility), which was related to the initial dashboard failure. The contact drove the vehicle back to the dealer and was informed that the dashboard was replaced. The dealer stated that the recall did not apply to the contact's vehicle because the dashboard had already been replaced. Recently, the dashboard began to melt again and affected the contact's visibility while driving. The manufacturer was notified of the recall and offered no assistance with having the dashboard replaced. The manufacturer did notify the contact that she would be entitled to a reimbursement for the initial fee for the first repair. The contact submitted the necessary paperwork to receive reimbursement, but had not heard back from the manufacturer. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Hollywood, FL, USA

Oct 112006

Camry

...form # 3 request #215013 chat transcript (E-mail)the Toyota sticky dashboard lawsuit was filed in the U.S. district court for the district of South Carolina - wendy george V. Toyota motor Corp., et al. The plaintiff was represented by richardson, patrick, westbrook & brickman, llc. Says it will take about 16 years to repair the vehicles on the dealer waiting list. By that time the vehicles would likely "be out of use"!!!!!!!!!!!! there was also lawsuit filed by melissa graham, the owner of a 2009 Toyota Camry. That lawsuit, melissa graham V. Toyota motor Corp., et al., was dismissed after Toyota announced the warranty program. Because this was not a recall Toyota motor corporation is refusing to replace the sticky dashboard resulting from heat of summer and winter heating which causes eye, throat and lung irritation, clouding, glare of windshield and eyeglasses. The clock mounted on the dashboard has a cloud over the plastic cover making it almost impossible to read as well as plastic cover over dome lights. I brought all of this to the attention of service advisor prior to the Toyota warranty enhancement which ended May 2017, however the service advisor told me it was not a known issue, did not record the issue and suggested whatever I used to clean the dash, clock and dome light created the problem. My question, what is it going to take to make Toyota motor corporation take responsibility of this health and safety hazard? perhaps another class action suit now that it is well documented dealers are reselling these vehicles with the dashboard defect and denying replacement due to May 2017 expiration date to those of us still driving these vehicles.no manufacturer should be allowed to deny liability for a defect that is clearly a health and safety hazard. I also explained repeatedly to service director and customer service numerous invalid warranties were received

- Lexington, SC, USA