Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Camry:

Aug 082022

Camry

Dash cluster showed brake light and BAS light on, tachometer and speedometer dropped to zero while going approx. 40 MPH.

- Sarasota, FL, USA

Jul 112021

Camry

On July 11, 2021, my husband and I were driving to a location not far from our house, on a state road with a 45 mph speed limit, when "Check Hybrid System" and "Check VSC System" warnings began alternately appearing and I lost acceleration. I turned on my hazard lights and was eventually able to pull off on the side of the road. I turned off all power then restarted, at which point the engine resumed working and we were able to continue driving, but the "Check Hybrid System" and engine light warnings remained on. We were able to reset the computer system by disconnecting the negative terminal of the auxiliary battery (which had been replaced a few months ago) for ten minutes, but I travel over 700 miles at least monthly to take care of my elderly blind father, and I don't want this to happen while I'm driving on I-95, when it's much more likely to result in a serious accident or fatality.

- Richmond Hill, GA, USA

Feb 012021

Camry

Vsc check system is on at all times and my car doesn't start at all.

- Plantation, FL, USA

Jul 152020

Camry

While driving on the freeway, the speedometer and all of the gauges stalled out while the car was still running. The car gauges came back on after a few minutes, presently the gauges are taking a longer time to come back on, in addition while the gauges are off the air conditioner goes off as well, when all the gauges come back on the tire pressure light comes on. We are afraid to take the care out of town because when the gauges go off the car is hard to steer. This continues to happen every time car is driven.

- Fairfield, TX, USA

Jun 132020

Camry

Vsc, ABS, air lights are on. Makes a peak sound when I start my car. It stays for a long time and goes away. During this time break does not work as normal. Feels hard to press break and unable to stop the car. Yesterday when I'm driving suddenly sound came on and I was unable to stop the car as I normally can. When I try to press the break. Break does not apply.

- Norcross, GA, USA

May 102014

Camry 4-cyl

I adjusted the steering column while at a stop light. When I locked everything in place, the airbag light lit up. All of the controls on the steering wheel do not work. I can't use the horn; turn the radio on or make hands free calls. I took it to Toyota and they said it was the wiring harness for the airbag and it was an expensive repair. I've left it alone for 5 years. I figure with the takata air bag issue I might be better off.

- Marietta, GA, USA

Mar 052020

Camry 4-cyl

The ABS sensor/module has gone out again. I spent several thousands in repairs and diagnostics years ago for the same issue. Now it has gone crazy again. The dash has been replaced due to being sticky. The car itself burns oil, we are constantly checking and adding to it. It seems several have had these issues and Toyota should be fixing them.

- Edinburg, TX, USA

Apr 292020

Camry 4-cyl

Vcs system light on brake light warning light ABS light.

- Triangle, VA, USA

Nov 012019

Camry

3 different concerns issue #1: while in motion the ABS and brake light come on, speedometer goes to 0, other gauges go crazy. Happens off and on throughout the day while driving. Took it to a mechanic, they said it is the ABS module going out, to fix it with a brand new part would be $1800. Not only is it dangerous to not be able to see my speed, its a possibility my ABS wouldn't kick in if needed. Regular brakes work fine.

- Belmont, NC, USA

Nov 192019

Camry

While driving my 2007 Camry on a town highway, I smelled something burning. Smoke started to fill the cabin, and I saw a glowing flame where the seat warmer button is, on the console. Immediately, I turned off the seat warmer button. I looked for a place to pullover, heard a loud popping sound, saw a larger flame and black smoke filled the car. I pulled over to a shell station, called 911, and a man with fire extinguisher sprayed the now considerable fire burning. The battery was disconnected after the fire was out, and the damage to the car is not repairable. A tow car brought it home. The fire was electrical when it started and then escalated quickly.. my question is why did the fuse not blow to prevent the fire? thank god I was in a town near a service station and not alone on an isolated road. The fire grew very quickly. This just happened this evening on 11/19/19. It was a definite safety issue, and it was pretty frightening how quickly the fire escalated. I am going to contact Toyota about this malfunction as well. The case # by the St. James parish sherifff's office is sjp19002613. I called 911 and 4 police cars and fire truck were deployed and came to the scene.

- Paulina, LA, USA

Jul 012018

Camry

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that the brakes made a weird, clicking noise. Also, the brakes seized while the brake pedal was being depressed. In addition, all the warning indicators illuminated on the instrument panel. The contact also stated that the vehicle made beeping sounds while driving. The contact drove the vehicle to southern 441 Toyota (9205 southern blvd, royal palm beach, fl 33411, 561-693-1393) where they diagnosed that the brakes were faulty and the battery was defective. The parts were replaced; however, the failure continued. The contact took the vehicle to several independent mechanics to be serviced, but the failure persisted. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Greenacres, FL, USA

Jun 052019

Camry

The brake lights systems and ABS lights comes out as I start the car and all gauges stop working, the ac don't work when this happens. I can't tell how fast im going because the speedometer gauge failed to provide the correct reading, the ABS control module and emergency warning indicator illuminates on the screen. This happens while I am driving, it does ramdonly and now is more frecuently.

- Pennsauken, NJ, USA

Jan 012016

Camry

Driving down the highway or neighborhoods the speedometer would go to 0 indicating that the speed of the car was unknown. Not knowing what speed you are driving allows for excessive speed and could easily cause an accident or get stopped for speeding. The ABS module is the cause of the failure

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Jan 202018

Camry

The ABS & brake light comes in and when it does the speed motor goes to 0 and also is the air conditioner is on it goes straight to blowing hot air

- Salem, OR, USA

Dec 142018

Camry 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. While the contact's vehicle was idling at a stop light, it was rear ended by another vehicle. The air bag failed to deploy. The contact sustained neck and lower back injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The contact was able to coast the vehicle over to the side of the road. When the contact attempted to drive the vehicle, it failed to start. The contact powered off and restarted the engine, but the vehicle failed to drive and began shaking. All the warning indicators illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was driven to the contact's residence and later towed to a collision center where it was diagnosed that the PO171/02 sensor failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and did not assist. The dealer was not contacted. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Memphis, TN, USA

Jan 172019

Camry

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that the instrument cluster was inoperable. Additionally, on one occasion while driving, the brake pedal was depressed and the trunk became ajar. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. Neither the dealer nor the manufacturer were notified of the failures. The approximate failure mileage was 98,000.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Dec 152018

Camry

I have continuously had issues with my cars ignition coils and vsc system. The check engine light and vsc system light is always on and even though I've spent thousands of od dollars on repairs the light continues to pop up even with regular maintenance and multiple repairs. My car misfires and turns off randomly this is very dangerous to drive but I have no other means of transportation. The car misfires in idle, while driving at low and high speeds and it wont turn on sometimes until I connect jumper cables to the battery. When I connect the jumper cables I never need an extra source of power I simply connect one end of the cables to the battery and a few seconds later it all the lights turn on again and the car restarts the whole system.

- East Palo Alto, CA, USA

Aug 232018

Camry

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. While driving at an unknown speed, the speedometer gauge failed to provide the correct reading and the ABS control module and emergency warning indicators illuminated. Also the cooling component of the air conditioner failed to function. Furthermore, while at a stop sign, the vehicle began to power down. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the ABS control module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer. The manufacturer was not notified of the failures. The approximate failure mileage was 180,000.

- Santa Clarita, CA, USA

Aug 072018

Camry

The break light and ABS light come one and all gauges stop working and just start jumping around. The ac doesn't work when this happens. This happens while idol and while driving. If driving, I can't tell how fast I'm going because the gauges stop working. This happens at random times then goes back to normal but seems to be happening more frequently.

- Del City, OK, USA

Jan 132018

Camry

Instrument panel failure....while driving brake and ABS lights cut on and speedometer tachometer temperature gauge gas guage and odometer quit working. The ac also blows hot air and car shakes when stopping occasionally.this has been happening for months and started around 170000 miles. Dealer wants to charge thousands of dollars to find problem. That's half of the value of the car. It's not worth that much money to fix. Toyota needs to do a recall for this. It is a major safety concern

- Bassett, VA, USA