$2,800

Most common solutions:

2. replace timing belt and tensioner (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Toyota Corolla:

Jul 192018

Corolla C 1.8L V4

I bought this 2006 Toyota Corolla CE (base model) @ 110k miles. The engine completed died upon a suddenly timing belt tensioner failure while driving on the highway. The car had to be junked unfortunately. I highly recommend this car still! BUT be sure to replace the timing belt and tensioner every 100-150k miles and this car will easily reach 300,000 miles!

- Dylan B., Aurora, CO, US

Sep 252010

Corolla Colour Collection 1.4

I bought a 2006 Toyota Corolla from a reputable dealer in London (Cargiant) on 14/05/09. It had one owner and had done 30,000 miles. It also had a Service History so everything was fine as far as I could tell.

I have done approximately 1000 miles and had it serviced and MOTed. I was driving home on 25/09/10 and the car started to jump and in a matter of 10 minutes the car completely stopped working. In fact, the engine had ceased.

The car has been at the garage since Monday 27th Sept 10 and I am currently fighting with the extended "warranty company" to fix the damage and they are being extremely uncooperative. The repairs cost 2800. I haven't got that type of money to repair the car. In fact, the garage has informed me that they have not seen this type of damage to such a car before.

The question going on in my mind at the moment is "is my car apart of the cluster" of cars that were damaged from the outset. Do you remember all the news reports at the beginning of the year about Toyota cars, where some had to be recalled (which was reported earlier in the year). What do I do because I can't just leave my car at the garage?

- deborahwilson, London, London, England