8.0

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2020 Toyota Highlander:

Jul 012020

Highlander Limited 3.5L V6

click to see larger images

A/C condenser damage A/C condenser damage

One day after purchasing a 2020 Toyota Highlander Limited was driving from Phoenix, AZ to San Diego and AC stopped working (blowing hot air) about 100 miles out. Total miles on car less than 200. Drove back to Phoenix in 104 deg heat with no AC (1.5 hours). Took vehicle directly to dealer, who next day said rock hit AC condenser punching a hole letting the coolant escape. Since road hazard my problem, not covered by warranty or extended warranty. My 2010 Highlander has driven this same road hundreds of times with no problems (and not even a ding in the AC condenser). Toyota obviously took so much weight out of the car they made the fins on the condenser so thin they cannot withstand a rock - a design defect since the condenser is in the front of the car and will get hit by rocks (on my third windshield in my 2010 Highlander due to multiple chips from rocks). A big rock should bend the cooling fins perhaps, but not punch a hole in the tube holding the coolant. Two weeks later vehicle still sits in the dealer (AutoNation Tempe Toyota) service department waiting on resolution - they do not want to talk to me, do not return my calls. I may try to return the vehicle since I make that drive several times a month.

- Rw W., Tempe, US