9.8

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Toyota Prius:

Jul 092018

Prius

Connect the phone to stereo, activate device assistant, phone call or play audio from the device through stereo. The stereo will reboot. This has occurred a number of times during the first couple weeks of ownership. Doesn't matter if vehicle is in motion or not.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Jun 112018

Prius

Back up alarm too loud, this is a safety issue. Fact it is so loud you can not hear the rear cross-traffic alert or any person outside the car yelling. Toyota needs to either develop a method so the owner can adjust the backup alarm volume or have the dealer turn down the volume free of charge.

- Stilwell, KS, USA

Mar 112018

Prius

When using iphone with bluetooth random songs play while directional navigation prompts play (see osxdaily.com/2017/07/29/stop-autoplaying-music-iphone-car-bluetooth/). this creates driver distraction. The problem is more-so with apple ios rather than the Prius in particular.

- Palmdale, CA, USA

Feb 212018

Prius

The gear would shift either from 'drive to neutral' or 'reverse to neutral' this happened more than 10 times when I had my sister, mother, and father in the car. 1) it happened when I was pulling out of the garage (about 20 degree angel) going up the hill. I went to pick them up, all 3 pf them went in. I had my foot on the brake and gear on drive, when I let go of the brake the gear shifted automatically on neutral. After, 3 tries, the car finally was able to go forward without struggle. 2) I was trying to back in one of the spot (flat ground), foot on the brake, gear on reversed. When I let go of the brake the gear shifted to neutral automatically. I struggled for 3-4 times before the was able to hold on reversed and park the car safely. 3) when I was in the middle of the intersection (flat ground). I had my foot on the brake, when I finally was able to make a turn, my foot on the foot and gear on drive, when I let go of the brake the gear shifted to neutral of the the sudden, I had to try 3-4 times before it was able to move forward without a struggle 5) I was on a hill (about 20-30 degree angle) facing up. My foot was on the brake and gear on drive, when I let go of the brake the gear was shifted to neutral. I struggled for 5-10 minutes (going from drive to neutral back in forth) as my car was not able to hold drive mode, I eventually asked my family to get out of the car as I was getting worried and frustrated, my family was out of the car but I was still struggling, in the process I hit a car behind me. 6) I was finally able to park the car in with any passengers and somewhere flat ground. I left my car for 30 minutes and came to drive my car. I started my car, I had my foot on the brake and gear on drive. I let go of the brake then my gear shifted to neutral again, I struggled for 3-4 times before the car was able to hold on drive

- Vancouver, WA, USA