4.0

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid:

Aug 012019

RAV4 Hybrid XLE

• CVT transmission

My BFF and I both bought 2019 RAV4 Hybrid XLEs on the same day. For months we would regale each other with out incredible milage. We were both averaging 42-43 MPG. We both drove in ECO Mode, but really didn't make any effort to drive efficiently. Then, between 3,000 and 5,000 mile we each experienced a marked decline in our MPG. There are times when our milage barely tops 35 MPG for a tank of gas. Overall we are now averaging 36-37 MPG. WE HAVE NOT CHANGED OUR DRIVING HABITS.

The Dealership claims this is "normal" and our milage will increase sometime after our first oil change. Well, I've had my first oil change and am sitting at about 8,000 miles and my mileage is still averaging 36-37 MPG per tank of gas and sometimes it gets as low as 33 MPG between fill ups. My friend is experiencing the same results, although he is still a little short of 5,000 miles.

I probably wouldn't complain about 36-37 MPG if it weren't for the 3 months at 42-43 MPG and the failed promise of the Dealer that all this is "normal" and things will "improve".

- James L., Port Orchard, WA, US