$1,400

Most common solutions:

1. replace all brake/drums/rotors (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota Tacoma:

Sep 212019

Tacoma 4.0L

click to see larger images

excessive rust

We purchased our 2014 Jeep new at a local dealership in Denver, CO. The vehicle has always been in Colorado, therefore, no road salt issues or high humidity. We took the vehicle to our trusted mechanic and found an EXTREME amount of rust on the wheels, rotors, brakes, etc. The rust was so bad that the drums could not be removed, even with rust penetrator used! All parts had to be replaced. The metal used in these Jeeps must be the worst metal quality ever! The metal has NO resistance to rust at all! I realize that all metal rusts but not like this in such a short time! There is no way that a vehicle should rust this way in 5 years! I am 64 years old and have owned many OLD vehicles and never had rust problems like this! As much as my wife and I love our Jeep, we will not be buying another one! I haven't talked to the dealership yet because I just found out about this today as my mechanic found the problem! Jeep Buyers Beware!!!

Update from Mar 25, 2020: I’m so sorry! I entered the wrong vehicle in this complaint. The issue was with our 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, NOT the 2010 Toyota Tacoma. I’m sorry for the mixup! I tried to correct the information but was not clear on this website on how to do it or to delete the entry completely.

- Melinda C., Denver, Colorado (CO), US