Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2019 Volkswagen Jetta:

Feb 072020

Jetta

The passenger side indoor, door handle is a sticker and not an actual chrome handle. The sticker has peeled off the bottom, creating sharp edges. I have cut my fingers when opening the door twice now. The handles all should be replaced.

- Anaheim, CA, USA

May 212019

Jetta

Upon accessing the trunk, I have been struck on the back of the head numerous times because the trunk lid does not stay up upon opening. I have heard that this design flaw was corrected after a certain manufacturer date, but I reported it to my dealer who did nothing about it and said that nothing could be done about it.

- Palm Coast, FL, USA

Apr 262019

Jetta

My sunroof exploded with no impact for no reason.

- Long Beach, MS, USA

Mar 012019

Jetta

This car has vent issues and cowl seal issue. The seal is not tight and the inside the windshield and window freezes

- Southfield, MI, USA

Feb 272019

Jetta

Inside the car windshield and windows freezes and forms ice everyday morning. Air leak in the door might be possible.

- Southfield, MI, USA

Feb 282019

Jetta

1. 1800 miles-transmission fluid leak, the service people told me it was a known problem with 2019 Jettas, repair took 2 months 2. heater doesn't blow out warm air when traveling under 40 mph, even after 18 miles of driving 3. grinding/croaking noise like a frog at 28-30 mph and again at 40 mph 4. brakes squeak 5. trunk falls on my head unless I push it all the way up per owners manual addendum

- Hudson, WI, USA

Feb 222019

Jetta

First, trunk of the car. It's unsafe and doesn't lock unless U overextend it open. I have been hit in my head twice before I learned my lesson. Second, transmission. It makes a grinding noise when operated at slower speeds. I am reaching 9,500 miles and noise is still there since day one. Three, the engine. I believe there is a internal defect because today I was driving a the engine oil light came on. Once I checked the oil I saw that the dipstick was clean, no oil, nada. Where has all the oil gone on a new 2019 Jetta? it sure hasn't been leaking on the ground of my garage because there is no fluids.

- Fleming Island, AZ, USA

Dec 222018

Jetta

The front passenger door vibrates like crazy when the radio is turned on and a certain frequency is hit (doesn't matter the bass or volume). The problem can be alleviated by putting pressure on the arm rest of front passenger door. This issue can occur at anytime - in motion, stationary, etc.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Jan 042019

Jetta

After a couple of months of ownership, the vehicle developed water leaks through the rear door handles when the car was stationary. Whenever it rained, water got into the door lock latch mechanisms and water was pooling between the inner and outer door seals. When the doors were opened, water poured out. I explained this issue to my local dealer and demonstrated the problem but they claimed that they talked to Volkswagen and that it was normal water drainage. I don't believe this is normal for the following reasons : 1) the front doors don't have this issue 2) this issue in the left rear door is not as bad as the right rear door ( a good amount of water pools in the sill in the right rear door and I can see water in the lock latch mechanism ) 3) this issue didn't exist when I first bought the car 4) water is pooling inside of the outer plastic door seal that is on the door so if enough water accumulates, it may end up passing the inner plastic seal that is on the frame ( there are drainage holes on the outer bottom part of the door, which is for normal water drainage. I am not referring to these ) 5) this can lead to rust in the lock mechanism and can also be a safety hazard in cold weather where the door locks may freeze shut 6) I have not seen this type of issue in any of the other vehicles I've owned so, I don't agree with the dealer's and manufacturer's assessments that this is normal. Please look into this issue.

- Stamford, CT, USA

Jan 102019

Jetta

Trunk lid does not stay open all the way unless it is pushed and locked into place. Could knock someone out if you forget to do this. Never seen a design like this. VW should address and fix this hazard.

- Crystal Lake, IL, USA

Dec 172018

Jetta

Takata recall- I took the vehicle in because the horn on the vehicle was going off randomly while driving. Once diagnosed VW dealership said that it was because the firewall of the vehicle had not been sealed, therefore water was entering the vehicle. There was mold found in the vehicle, which now they have to replace the interior of the vehicle. The vehicle has been at the dealership for over two weeks, and I have not received a completion date from the dealership. They have actually made no efforts to contact me.

- Taunton, MA, USA

Nov 252018

Jetta

Glass panel at leading edge of roof shattered while parked. Lateral "crack" from side to side appears to be the result of torsional loading. Glass was not damaged when vehicle was initially parked.

- Cochranville, PA, USA