8.0

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2019 Volkswagen Jetta:

Sep 112019

Jetta ES 1.4L

Well what can I say that hasn't been said before? This is obviously NOT a "normal turbo noise". I have a 2011 Audi TT Quattro and my husband has a 2018 F-150 with a turbo engine. We know what turbo sounds like and THIS is NOT IT. This is a very distinct metallic grinding sound omitted from the driver side area. It happens without fail during low accelerations between 25-30 mph or 1300-1500 rpms. I am reading how many people are saying it is the torque converter and/or the wastegate.

I really can not believe how unlucky I was in getting this car with a apparently very popular problem and not a lot of positive feedback regarding the issue being addressed. Nope. It seems everyone is being turned away and the VW mechanics stating this is "normal"? HA! I'm sorry, a brand new car sound NOT have any type of unsettling and concerning noises coming from the engine,transmission or drive-train.

This is NOT a good way to motivate new car buyers into buying your botched cars, VW. This needs to be addressed and fixed ASAP. I will be leaving my car at a mechanics this weekend to check it out. So disappointed on what I was hoping would be my new daily driver.

- Dia G., Walnut, CALIFORNIA, US

Jan 302019

Jetta SE 1.4L Di Turbo

So I finally bought a brand new car a 2019 Jetta I love the look of the car. I went from a 2016 manual transmission Jetta to a automatic 2019 I bought the car in January of 2019 and it had 10 miles on it when I picked it up. Driving it home I noticed what I thought was a rattle at 20-35 MPH I thought it was just an oil pan or because the car was so new. This noise continued and worsened when the weather warmed I was able to open the windows and now my car has approximately 100 miles on odometer. The way I describe the noise is if you are driving a standard and you are at a complete stop and you try to take off in say third gear the car hesitates and makes a gurgling, grinding noise and you have to jam on the gas to make it stop. This noise is quite loud and embarrassing. I have taken to two different dealerships and have been told they cant replicate or that it doesn't drive any different from any other 2019 Jetta. As of August 13, 2019 my car has 3600 miles on the odometer and the noise is awful and loud and I am sorry that I bought and pay for this car every month!!! Please VW do something about this problem it is not a normal sound and will create more problems with the car over time if it is not addressed soon !!!

- Tiffani H., Springfield, US