7.8

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2019 Volkswagen Jetta:

Jan 062020

Jetta

On 9/6/2019 I bought 2019 VW Jetta 1.4 T R-line tsi 16 valve DOHC turbo 4 cylinder w/direct fuel injection. Had it back to the dealership the first week complaining about the grinding and growling noises under 40 mph range while driving in city traffic. I was told by another dealership it is normal for 8 speed transmissions. Also said the only way stop the noise is to drive it in sport mod, not good with gas consuption but you won't hear it. While making a U turn and coming out of a drive way into city traffic, it has unpredictable acceleration which really shocked me. I left rubber and the wheels made a loud sound on the pavement. It larched twice and I do not trust this car.

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Apr 042019

Jetta

I haven't received any notice from the manufacturer on recall 19V188 - rear axle coil springs. I was made aware of the recall via the local news station and was directed to the NHTSA website, where I looked up the VIN on my car and confirmed the recall. I immediately contacted my local dealership mechanic and was informed I would receive a call back with if they had the part and when it could be replaced. 4 days later (today) I get the call and was told that the parts are on back order. This upset me because it is a serious replacement. I drive 500 miles to work on the interstate a week! this is a brand new car, only 6 months old, with a $450 a month price tag (the whole priority for life). I contacted the dealership where the car was brought and was told that cars get recalls all the time and that this wasn't a big deal. Though there was nothing they could do until they could get the parts. This is a serious highway risk and awful customer service, from a manufacturer that claims to always have your back!!!!!!! I could have been better off with a used vehicle. I'm guessing the manufacturer is ok with unsafe vehicles being out on the roadway. If these springs break and I get in an accident, you can be sure that I will contact a lawyer.

- St Stephens Church, VA, USA

Mar 032019

Jetta

The wheels fill with snow on the inside and when you go to drive the car it is so unbalanced you can only go 30-40mph. First time drove it to the dealer and they said it was because it sticks on the backside/inside and had to be sprayed out with hot water. That worked for awhile, now trying to drive it today it is happening again. Very unsafe, don┐T know when it will happen. Minnesota has lots of snow and the only remedy is to find a self service car wash. It isn┐T the wheel wells, it is the underside of the car. This is a big safety concern, not to mention the inability to use my car. Too cold today, car wash not opened in below zero weather!

- Lino Lakes, MN, USA