$650

Most common solutions:

1. repair clock spring (2 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Volkswagen Passat:

Oct 172019

Passat SE

I purchased a reliable car for my daughter to travel to college with. We live in the state of New York and she was going to Alabama to attend school. 1 year into college, her steering wheel options stopped working. Her horn didn't work, the airbag error message was on and her dashboard light flickered. She brought the car to the closest VW dealer which was in Birmingham AL. Her college is in Tuscaloosa AL. Between the drive and the cost of travel, this was a terrible situation to put a 19 year old in. It would not pass inspection. After searching this issue online, I saw that this has affected so many VW cars. Why is there not a recall on this? This is a safety issue!!!

- Lisa M., East Nassau, US

Sep 012021

Passat SE

2018 to 2021. Fast forward 3 years and again my daughter's car lost the steering wheel functions. The horn doesn't work, the airbag doesn't work and she cannot use any of the functions on her steering wheel. We had the clock spring replaced in 2018 while she was away at college and now it appears the clock spring is bad again. Her car is due for inspection and it will not pass if the horn and airbags don't work. Why is this not a recall? This is a safety issue!

- Lisa M., East Nassau, US