6.5

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Volkswagen Passat:

Aug 012019

Passat Limited 1.8L

I bought the car with just under 30k on it from a dealership. It came with the factory warranty left, and then a 2 yr CPO extended warranty. After a year or so the engine oil light came on and I checked it on the dipstick and it was a quart low. Ok, understandable, it was 2 k away from an oil change and my old TDI was the same way. So I added a Qt and had it changed by 10k then it was good for awhile. Took it in for the 50K suggested maintenance. Then after awhile the engine oil light came back on, again low....added a QT. It now has 83K on it and is using close to a Qt a week!!!! I brought it to the dealership and was told that the oil usage they came up with and my complaint is within the specified oil usage. The service tech suggested that I change it every 5K as oils break down and 10K is a bit long. I said VW recommends every 10K, he said yes but in his own opinion that is too long. I cannot believe this is "Normal Usage" I will be filing a complaint with VW America customer service.

- Randy R., Sarver, PA, US

Nov 012019

Passat SE 1.8L

Back in November of 19 my Passat started giving me the oil light telling me that I was low. When this happens I am about a quart low. So I have no oil on my garage floor and if I leave the car running in one place it does not leak. Had oil changed and had them look for leaks and they could not find any but they updated the computer etc to see if it will help. So December, January, February, and March I have added over

8 quarts of oil about 2 quarts a month the dealership has looked at it again and found a small leak on a top seal and is scheduled to be replaced but the technicians tell me that they don't think that's the problem. Now I'm looking for a different car because I feel I cant trust the Volkswagen brand anymore.

- Mark S., Lynnville, US

Aug 152018

Passat SE 1.8L

I took car to dealer, they said the plug was bad and that should fix the problem. Two weeks later. Same issue.

It's a 2015 VW Passat, no way I should be adding oil every couple of weeks because they said that these types of engines burn that much oil. Need a better solution.

Thanks

Edgar

- Edgar R., North Providence, RI, US

May 042016

Passat Limited 2.0L

CAR IS A 2015 VW PASSAT LIMITED, HAS BEEN CONSUMING ONE TO TWO QUARTS OF OIL EVERY 1000 TO 1300 MILES, HAVE BOUGHT BACK TO DEALER SEVERAL TIMES TOLD THAT VW SAYS ITS NORMAL. I HAVE HAD VW'S WITH 180,000 MILES THAT DIDNOT CONSUME ANY OIL. THE CAR TRAVELS 120 MILES A DAY JUST TO WORK AND BACK , THE PROBLEM IS COSTLY AND ANNOYING, VW SHOULD BE ASHAMED

- Barry Lindasue C., Forks Township, US